Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks Eggers - First Time Standing Rib Roast Was...

Options
Amazing! I came across a recipe that had mustard, Worcestershire, salt and pepper and rubbed it good before wrapping it in the foil and sitting in the fridge for 24 hours. I cooked at 225 until it was 135 (I know this is too done for most, but I was trying to appease the guests) and then pulled it and foiled and wrapped it in a towel for an hour. I then ramped the Egg up to 500 and put it on for 8 minutes. 

It was soooo tender I could cut it with a fork almost. Thanks to all the wonderful people on this forum for giving me ideas, guidance, and answers to problems. I was soo excited to eat that I forgot to take pictures...but don't worry I'll be repeating this one again real soon. First two presents of the weekend were a Pizza baking stone for the egg and a Shop Vac to make cleaning the ash from the egg easy :)

Merry Christmas Egg family!

Newbie with LG BGE, learning one slow cook at a time! 

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Too done for most, not you.  All that matters.  Any pictures brother?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    Attaboy!

Great job and merry Christmas.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,836
    Options
    Consider his one with no pics as your Mulligan.  Welcome aboard.

And yes, if you pay attention here you can make some incredible meals.   

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• nathanenderle
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Too done for most, not you.  All that matters.  Any pictures brother?
    No :( I was busy preparing the whole meal that it slipped my mind. Next time I'm delegating the other things. The meal included standing rib roast, shrimp cocktail, potatoes, asparagus, dinner rolls, salad, and fruit platter. There wasn't an ounce of leftovers on anyone's plate though so I think I succeeded!
    Newbie with LG BGE, learning one slow cook at a time! 
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    Thanks for making us look good. Merry Christmas 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser