Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Christmas Dinner - what to cook?

Options
Terrebandit
Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
edited December 2015 in EggHead Forum
 I was thinking of doing a USDA prime brisket Christmas Eve to be ready to eat on Christmas Day.  Any other cooking ideas for Christmas Dinner?  What are you cooking?  I could change my mind. Thoughts?  
Dave - Austin, TX

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Prime rib. Any one of a number of tater side dishes and a veggie casserole. Now all you need is drinks, apps, salads and of course, dessert. 
  • Gamecockeggman
    Options
    OMG....I just got off the phone and I am still in shock....we are having spaghetti.  The in laws are coming and that! Is what we are having....,  This may be grounds for divorce.
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • etherdome
    etherdome Posts: 471
    edited December 2015
    Options
    prime rib, let them eat spaghetti.
    Upstate SC
    Large BGE,  Blackstone, Weber genesis , Weber charcoal classic
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    OMG....I just got off the phone and I am still in shock....we are having spaghetti.  The in laws are coming and that! Is what we are having....,  This may be grounds for divorce.
    Could be worse.  Just kidding, it couldn't. 
  • Gamecockeggman
    Options
    Could be worse.  Just kidding, it couldn't. 
    Amen... I am lost, I keep going through the whole year in my mind trying to figure out what I did to deserve this.  
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    Take control of the situation!  Cook the meatballs on the egg?
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • LKNEgg
    LKNEgg Posts: 339
    Options
    Divorce is only way I see this working out!   Sorry for your troubles!   =)
    Large BGE - 2014
    FB 200, KAB, AR - 2015
    Lake Norman area of NC
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten!

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing!

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Dude....you just need to drive over and break bread with us. Don't get me wrong, I love me some spagetti.......but not on Christmas. Hold on to your lady....it is like the egg......you are in it for the long hall no matter what the cost. That's Amore! 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Prime Rib here, picked up a 6 bone for $7.99 lb at Sprouts tonight.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    You could go with a Rib Roast as an appetizer! Everybody wins!!!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    You could go with a Rib Roast as an appetizer! Everybody wins!!!
    That sounds like what @SGH would do. Then he would serve eight additional meals. Just HIM, no guests!!!  Jk. 
  • AVEngineer
    Options
    The worst part is that you will be forced to eat dried box pasta and not home made.  My wife is from an Italian family so we typically always have pasta with our holiday meals.  For Thanksgiving we had stuffed shells, and all the typical Thanksgiving fare, and for Christmas we are making homemade ravioli to go with the rack of Lamb I picked up for the BGE. It's all in how you look at it.
    Medium BGE , iGrill2
    Virginia Beach, VA
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    If you are having spaghetti because they are italian, then they'll know that pasta is a side dish in italy. :)

Serve what you want, and let them have pasta on the side!

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,758
    Options
    my italian sister inlaw makes a mean lobster ravioli for the holidays, im hoping for some pasta, it goes good with the ribroast and lamb ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it