Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Blackstone fried rice and prime tenderloin

Options
bgebrent
bgebrent Posts: 19,636
More often than not it's me and my wife during the winter months.  Been wanting to tee up fried rice on the new toy.  Picked up a prime whole beef tenderloin.  While trimming, I cubed the tail end for this purpose.  The Blackstone is a blast to cook on!  I have yet to flip any food into others mouths but its on my short list ;)  This meal didn't disappoint.

Beef was perfect MR.  Next time i'll remember the damn peas!  Blackstone griddle remains legit.
Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga

Comments

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Looks good little buddy!  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Holy hell!  You have my permission to run amok in the petting zoo!

that is top shelf even without the peas. 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Looks good little buddy!  
    Appreciate that Ma tthew!
  • bgebrent
    Options

Holy hell!  You have my permission to run amok in the petting zoo!

that is top shelf even without the peas. 
    Thank you brother yolk.  I have a cabin reserved and will volunteer to oversee the petting zoo overnight, out of the goodness of my heart ;)  Yeehaa!
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    I'd have just tossed it - not worth even plating it without peas.

JK - You ever wonder what it is the blackstone does to make such magical fried rice?!  Your's looks great.
    Phoenix 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Thanks @blasting!  SWMBO made a trip to the store in part to get the damned peas, which she likes.  Yup, they're in the freezer.  Blackstone is fun, really good with fried rice and all the rest.  Happy holidays brother!
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Oh man......fry lice looks spot on.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Next time i'll remember the damn peas!  
    Don't bother with the peas, do like a true heavyweight and use more beef instead ;) On a serious note, great job brother, it looks spot on. Y'all going to keep on with all of these BS cooks and I'm going to buy one myself. Almost pulled the trigger last week. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• bgebrent
    Options
    @SGH, don't want to spend your $ but it is a real workhorse on numerous cooks.  As for more beef, you'll like this and it's with the help of Darby/Stike, I've got 26# of bone in ribeye roast dry aging.  I'll post it after the 45 day wait. My friend, get the griddle, you'll not regret it.  And thanks for the kind words.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Oh man......fry lice looks spot on.
    Thanks Robin, it was good my friend!
  • bgebrent
    Options

Outstanding!

Thanks man, appreciate it a lot!
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Looking good B-rent! 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Don't you even start @DoubleEgger!  Don't even!  Thanks man, merry Christmas my friend!
  • SGH
    Options
    bgebrent said:
      As for more beef, you'll like this and it's with the help of Darby/Stike, I've got 26# of bone in ribeye roast dry aging.  
    I will be standing by to see it. But I got to ask, who is Darby/Stike ;)

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Don't you even start @DoubleEgger!  Don't even!  Thanks man, merry Christmas my friend!

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Looking good brother Brent!  Filet on fried rice is pretty much genius. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • bgebrent
    Options
    blind99 said:
    Looking good brother Brent!  Filet on fried rice is pretty much genius. 
    Thank you brother blind!
  • bgebrent
    Options

SGH said:
    bgebrent said:
      As for more beef, you'll like this and it's with the help of Darby/Stike, I've got 26# of bone in ribeye roast dry aging.  
    I will be standing by to see it. But I got to ask, who is Darby/Stike ;)
    He's just some troll on this forum that makes shlt up like he knows jack shlt and sells it like a know it all ****.  Pretty much ignored him cuz I think he's a Florida grad.  It's tough to recognize the good info from the bad.  I think he means well...
  • SGH
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    He's just some troll on this forum that makes shlt up like he knows jack shlt and sells it like a know it all ****.  
    It sounds like you are describing me :o

Status- Standing by.

• bgebrent
    Options
    SGH said:
    bgebrent said:
    He's just some troll on this forum that makes shlt up like he knows jack shlt and sells it like a know it all ****.  
    It sounds like you are describing me :o
    Not at all my friend and you know that!  I hope you liked the sarcasm in my description of Stike.  You my friend, along with @Darby_Crenshaw are shining lights on this forum.  I speak for many when I say we appreciate you both more than you know.  I only wonder if Darby has ever met Stike?  Hum.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Looks incredible. How is that thing as far as hot spots? 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Looks incredible. How is that thing as far as hot spots? 
    Good question brother.  It's pretty uniform I must say.  This cook I had the 2 middle burners on med/high and the 2 outside burners on low.  When given appropriate time to heat up, which isn't very long, it provides even heat.  And thank you fellow georgian.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:

Alright brother, you know!  Come through on the smoked cheese and Ill give you a pass.  Great Star Wars meme for sure!  
  • slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    2 good tips that I have learned after many many cooks on my BLackatone.

1. Let the rice cool for an hour in the fridge. Or even left over from the day before. This pulls out the moisture, and makes for a much better fried rice. If you fry rice directly from the rice maker, it turns to mush

2 try using some sesame oil when cooking your ateak, shrimp, chicken etc. the aromatics and flavor it ads is awesome
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Nice... Gotta try fried rice on my Blackstone Grill.  But for now I just did a couple of pieces of fish last night, along with some onions and peppers.  It's a diet thing.  I used coconut oil.  Only took a few minutes.  Very good.

I probably would have done this cook on the stove instead of using my Egg but I just happened to have a Blackstone Grill.  This was much faster from fire-up to clean-up, and gave the kind of taste I wanted.  

The Blackstone Grill is a great accessory to a well outfitted Big Green Egg Kitchen.

Happy Holidays

Spring "Have Grill Will Cook" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I had been putting off reviewing black stone cooks, because, after seeing the cooks and reading how delicious and fun they are, it will be inevitable before I go buy one. 
    Well, hell Brent. I am getting one after Christmas.
    Very nice cook, as always. Beautiful presentation.
    you guys cost me money.
    Merry Christmas.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I had been putting off reviewing black stone cooks, because, after seeing the cooks and reading how delicious and fun they are, it will be inevitable before I go buy one. 
    Well, hell Brent. I am getting one after Christmas.
    Very nice cook, as always. Beautiful presentation.
    you guys cost me money.
    Merry Christmas.
    Ron, this gave me a chuckle!  You know all about the cost of admission and having to pay to stay! ;)  You will not regret it my friend.  Merry Christmas to you and yours!