Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Faux burnt ends...

Options
Morning All:

Started the day with a fattie for breakfast...Jimmy Dean's Sage Sausage with DP Game On rub on the small...

A short while later enjoying...

Next was to do some chuck roast burnt ends for our choir Christmas party...started with three boneless chuck roasts, total of just under 10#...rub was a mixture of DP Game On, DP Raising the Steaks & turbinado sugar...on the Egg at 250 indirect...

took about 2.5 hours to get to 160 internal, then wrapped in foil and back on the Egg until internal 200, pulled and cut into cubes added some more rub and my BBQ sauce then back on the Egg at 375 to carmelize the sugars (didn't get a finished pic as were running late for the party)...

This is probably the third or fourth time I've made these for a party and again...NO leftovers to bring home!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    Looks great!  I'll have to give that idea a go.  
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    Nice looking grub Jay.  I've got a fajita rubbed chuckie on my Small egg for tonight's dinner.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • Zuma
    Zuma Posts: 50
    Options
    Looks great and will give it a go for our family get together.  Thanks for the idea.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Brother, save for homemade, Jimmy Dean Sage is my favorite sausage. I love it off of the grill. Everything looks outstanding. Solid cook all the way around :clap: 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    SGH said:
    Brother, save for homemade, Jimmy Dean Sage is my favorite sausage. I love it off of the grill. Everything looks outstanding. Solid cook all the way around :clap: 
    This reminds me of one of my all time favorites. There are some swear words  on this clip so please don't click on it if you are offended by such things. I peed in my pants the first time I heard this

http://youtu.be/f4RNb3tt0LM
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    SSN686 said:
    Morning All:

Started the day with a fattie for breakfast...Jimmy Dean's Sage Sausage with DP Game On rub on the small...

A short while later enjoying...

Next was to do some chuck roast burnt ends for our choir Christmas party...started with three boneless chuck roasts, total of just under 10#...rub was a mixture of DP Game On, DP Raising the Steaks & turbinado sugar...on the Egg at 250 indirect...

took about 2.5 hours to get to 160 internal, then wrapped in foil and back on the Egg until internal 200, pulled and cut into cubes added some more rub and my BBQ sauce then back on the Egg at 375 to carmelize the sugars (didn't get a finished pic as were running late for the party)...

This is probably the third or fourth time I've made these for a party and again...NO leftovers to bring home!
    Great cook. I have never made a fatty or burnt ends. Probably should try both.  Let me know if want me to delete that YouTube clip. I don't want to torpedo your thread. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX