Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Camp 2016

Not until October 2016.   Stay tuned.

This next (third annual), as usual, will be at a new location.  Should be larger.  Hope to have the same band.

I'm really excited about merging the beer making karate of the Crescent City Homebrewers with the talented cooks at the fest.  In other words, it will be homebrew and brisket camp.  Or more in that vein.  Theme?  Maybe we'll have one.  I'm thinking we will find a really cool place to host it.  I'll be working on it.

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    Will there be parking demonstrations  or at least backing-up tutorials?
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    No man.  I'm just going to push the "park far, far away" advise.

I did fix my truck.  bought a junkyard door, got it painted, put it on and moved all the stuff from the old to the new. Looks better than before I got hit.  Of course I was energized and fixed the lock problem on the drivers side (other side) and then all the power windows stopped working.  Some bs problem, I just found the book and the wiring diagram.  Just need to spend an hour and troubleshoot it.  Have AC and heat, so not that big a deal, but when I was leaving at 5:30 AM to fish with the boat hooked up, I couldn't see Jack with all the condensation.
    I'm planning on staying a few days in the area this time. Instead of the drive in on Saturday drive out on Sunday type thing. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    I would like to request that brisket camp not be the 15th/16th weekend, please.
    NOLA
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564

10-22-2016, works for me.

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,723
    Move it to the River in Biloxi!!! I got plenty of room.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    Hopefully @sgh won't be MIA. 
    New Orleans LA
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    In.... regardless of when it is.

My rib game has improved, my cheek game is improving, and we should do the cinder pit again.
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • in because i wanna party AND learn stuff
    Memphis TN - Large Green Egg
  • Planning on trying to make it this year.  Been selling the idea to the other half. Can't wait. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    kwdickert said:
    in because i wanna party AND learn stuff
    I'm not sure on how much learning happens at brisket camp. A lot of brain cells are sacrificed for the greater good though.

and +1 on the cinder pit. That was fun!

If you don't take @thatgrimguy up on his offer, any empty parking lot with a big refrigerator and running water will do the trick. It worked well this year. I liked the free-form of the open parking lot to do whatever. 

"where should we build the cinder block pit for the lamb?"
    "uhhh.... over there. "

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • OH, I learned some stuff. Just not all about cooking.
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    edited December 2015
    caliking said:

"where should we build the cinder block pit for the lamb?"
    "uhhh.... over there. "
    Bonus points that we didn't set anyone on fire.

As for your pop's idea about bringing livestock to an event, Brisket Camp III may be a better venue than Salado for a petting zoo/abattoir.
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • Interested.....  Let's get @SGH to reserve one of the oil rigs.....  That oughtta be enough space!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    I was really disappointed I missed this years. Just too many things came up. Next one for sure though.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    buzd504 said:
    I would like to request that brisket camp not be the 15th/16th weekend, please.
    That far in advance...I don't have anything planned.  Let's say the week after that.  Missed you at the last one.
    OH, I learned some stuff. Just not all about cooking.
    A lot about livin' and a little bout love?
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Interested.....  Let's get @SGH to reserve one of the oil rigs.....  That oughtta be enough space!
    You know, back in the 80's it probably wouldn't have been a problem. Today though, it's harder to get on a oil rig than it is a airplane. It's ridiculous the crap that you have to go through. But the fact that you mentioned it, it would be cool to have a big cooking event on the Thunder Horse, Petronius or other similar floating fortress. The oil industry would never be the same afterwards ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• @SGH - my buddy down there in Pascagoula fishes off Thunder Horse a lot. Looks like some good water out there. Next year he is upgrading to quad 400's hanging off the stern, so getting there will be a piece of cake!!!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    10/22-10/23 weekend works for me
  • I think I'm in every year, for as long as these occur. I've got the brain cells to spare.  Plus, it's only the weak ones that end up getting sacrificed.  

I do like the idea of combining this with a homebrew camp.  More of @nolabrew 's beer would be a very good thing.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    I will be there, I'd like to see someone try to stop me.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Not until October 2016.   Stay tuned.

This next (third annual), as usual, will be at a new location.  Should be larger.  Hope to have the same band.

I'm really excited about merging the beer making karate of the Crescent City Homebrewers with the talented cooks at the fest.  In other words, it will be homebrew and brisket camp.  Or more in that vein.  Theme?  Maybe we'll have one.  I'm thinking we will find a really cool place to host it.  I'll be working on it.
    On my way!!
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    @JohnInCarolina When did you sneak in and take a picture of us? We must have been really wasted...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    DMW said:
    @JohnInCarolina When did you sneak in and take a picture of us? We must have been really wasted...
    I'm thinking there is back story that needs telling on this one.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Hotch said:
    DMW said:
    I'm thinking there is back story that needs telling on this one.
    I'm thinking just the opposite... that there is a backstory we DON'T want to know.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • It may end with, "not that there's anything wrong with that."
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,230
    Will @nolaegghead behave tonight? 

The first Friday night since he was buffaloed? 

Stay tuned.........

New Albany, Ohio 

• Uhhhh   Please don't drink tonight...