Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Screen replacement help

Options
When I was putting the butts on this morning I noticed I have a big hole burned out in the draft door screen.  Probably will head to the dealer today to order a new one.  Any tips on how to change it out?  Is it as easy as bending the old out of the track and bending the new one into place?

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    When I was putting the butts on this morning I noticed I have a big hole burned out in the draft door screen.  Probably will head to the dealer today to order a new one.  Any tips on how to change it out?  Is it as easy as bending the old out of the track and bending the new one into place?
    They will likely have to order one. I would call first. I think you just bend the stop tab out of your way. How the hay do you burn through the screen ???
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    They just slide out, just lift it a little to clear the screw, and replace with new. 
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Boileregger
    Options
    They will likely have to order one. I would call first. I think you just bend the stop tab out of your way. How the hay do you burn through the screen ???
    Years of loving use 3-4 times a week.  ;)