Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nuts... and Cheese

DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
It's that time of year and the weather was perfect today, temps in the 40s.
Cleaned out the XL and HB Legacy.

Got the pellets burning.

Smoke is rolling. This pic doesn't show the smoked coming from the Legacy, but it was rolling nicely as well.

Loaded the HB with cheese. Pepper jack, jarlsberg, gouda, cabot cheddar, and yellow sharp cheddar

And put almonds on the XL

After about 2 hours I pulled the cheese and vac sealed it.

Then put cashews, pecans, and peanuts on the HB.

After 4 hours total on the almonds, I pulled them. I gave the other nuts 3 hours in smoke.

Cheese is in the beer fridge (had to loan some real estate to a gallon of milk as well).

And the nuts are in the storage room. Storage room smells nice and smokey BTW :smiley: 

In a couple weeks I'll season and roast the nuts. Planning to put together smoked cheese/nut gifts for family this year.

If you don't have a method to cold smoke, the A-Maze-N-Pellet-Smoker is an easy way to cold smoke in your egg, or cardboard box if you don't have an egg.
They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments