Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Playstation 4 owners, especially CoD Black Ops III Players

YEMTrey
YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
A trip to amazon.com was triggered by a discussion on here.  I went there to look into and possibly buy one of the dragon fans to use with my Eggs.  However, when I put it in the cart, a PS4 and CoD game followed it in!

Any other players out there?  Anybody down for some Egghead drunken CoD?
Steve 
XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

Comments

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    I have a PS4, but I quit the CoD games quite a while back.
    NOLA
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    YEMTrey said:

Any other players out there?  
    No help from me brother. The last time that I played a video game it was on a Atari. So I'm a little behind the latests trends.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    edited December 2015
    Back when I worked on the ambulance, we all got hooked on Call of Duty for a while.....I think it was still the WWII ones back then.  GTA: San Andreas will always be my favorite just because it was hilarious and you could go do whatever you wanted.  Jet pack, run marathons, race cars or motorcycles, etc.....you didn't have to follow the plot line and it wasn't as intense.

I quickly learned that EMS really meant "Earn Money Sleeping", and I would sleep as much as I could on those long shifts.
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    edited December 2015
    Haven't played Call of Duty since my son has gotten old enough to pay attention to what's going on. If you get any sports games though let me know.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited December 2015
    Haven't played Call of Duty since my son has gotten old enough to pay attention to what's going on. If you get any sports games though let me know.
    ha! My kids are always asking me to play with them. I suck. They kick my a$$

i guess that's why they want me to play. 
  • OmahaOne
    OmahaOne Posts: 154
    Big COD player, but on Xbox One...
    XL BGE - Indianapolis, IN
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,022
    edited December 2015
    I enjoy COD BO3 on the PS4.  I have found a few stiff drinks makes it easier to suffer through the humiliation of a 1 to 10 kill ratio.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    I'm done with COD until they quit all the futuristic stuff and impossible stuff like running across a wall. Also the quick scoping is ridiculous. You don't even have to be close to the cross hairs to drop someone. 
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited December 2015
    Toxarch said:
    I'm done with COD until they quit all the futuristic stuff and impossible stuff like running across a wall. Also the quick scoping is ridiculous. You don't even have to be close to the cross hairs to drop someone. 
    Quick scoping isn't as bad on BO3.  While BO3 does have thrusters, it isn't as bad as Advanced Warfare.  I hated that game as it seemed like you were shooting flying squirrels.  The wall running is cool...especially when you shoot someone while you or they are doing it.  If you haven't tried it, Red Box it. I'm partial to the non-future games too, but after Destiny and Titanfall, they're all going there.

FPS are a many right now...between Halo 5, BO3, SW Battlefront...I don't know what to play half the time.  Tempted to get the new Rainbow 6 too.  
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    I have an Xbox One and still stuck on Battlefield 4.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • I am loving metal gear solid 5! I don't have time to play online games much so I tend to like the 1P games that can be paused. MGS5 reminds me a lot of playing SOCOM. I have fallout and SWBF but I haven't even upwrapped them.
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    edited December 2015
    @YEMTrey

I play on the PS4. Hit me up. My screen name is: SEE-MuRdA_813 

Its a fun game. If is your first time, you will have to learn how to play online fast as most have been playing the game pretty good. I play with some guys that are very tactical. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • cazzy said:
    Toxarch said:
    Quick scoping isn't as bad on BO3.  While BO3 does have thrusters, it isn't as bad as Advanced Warfare.  I hated that game as it seemed like you were shooting flying squirrels.  The wall running is cool...especially when you shoot someone while you or they are doing it.  If you haven't tried it, Red Box it. I'm partial to the non-future games too, but after Destiny and Titanfall, they're all going there.

FPS are a many right now...between Halo 5, BO3, SW Battlefront...I don't know what to play half the time.  Tempted to get the new Rainbow 6 too.  
    I hate those damn thrusters, that's how one way my kids always kick my a$$. That and they seem to see the whole screen at once while I'm focused on what I'm trying to do. Drives me nuts. 
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited December 2015
    cazzy said:
    Toxarch said:

I hate those damn thrusters, that's how one way my kids always kick my a$$. That and they seem to see the whole screen at once while I'm focused on what I'm trying to do. Drives me nuts. 
    You really have to broaden your view and use the UAV.  That will help you out a lot.  Don't sit so close old man!  :tongue: 
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,236
    Word on the street is that Santa is delivering a PS4 to me this year. I will let you know if (when) I'm up and running!
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    GATABITES said:
    @YEMTrey

I play on the PS4. Hit me up. My screen name is: SEE-MuRdA_813 

Its a fun game. If is your first time, you will have to learn how to play online fast as most have been playing the game pretty good. I play with some guys that are very tactical. 
    I've played the last several iterations of CoD.  I'm familiar with the gameplay, etc.  Just take a bit to get familiarized with the maps.  I'm not sure if I'll keep my online screen name or setup a new one.  I'll post it here tomorrow or this weekend when I setup the new console. 
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    cazzy said:
    Toxarch said:

I like some futuristic games. But COD is not one of those. I play cod because it's a war game. If I want futuristic, I'll play a different game.

Started playing SW Battlefront. It's okay, nothing that special. No campiagn at all. You don't really earn anything other than money. Can't customize weapons. Can't pick up other weapons. Never run out of ammo. You can run forever so why is there even a walk speed? If you paid more for the game, you start off with the best gun. One shot kills with rockets across the map. The best gun is a pistol that does one shot kills at long range. Heros are way too powerful and hard to kill. Oh, and there's only 4 maps. 4 maps get boring, especially if you don't like one of the maps. It's fun if you have friends to play with online. Otherwise it loses its luster pretty quick. 
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited December 2015
    We're huge fans of Black Ops 2, PS3.  Running on a Sony Wega 36" analog. hahahahaha

Played AW, couldn't stand it.  Felt like it was a huge step back from Black Ops 2.

Boys absolutely love Black Ops 2.  My 4 year old nephew is a zombie slayer.  We can get up to the mid twenties on easy.  Favorite map is the Barn.  Of course I'm covering their asses the whole time.   =)
    Multiplayer is fun too.  The boys like their Scars, and Hijacked yacht and Yemen map.  

Sis is getting my son Black Ops 3 for PS3, despite the negative reviews.  I don't play online, and think it will satifsy the boys just fine with zombies. 

One rule for zomz in the barn. You die, you pass the "Mike"/controller. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."