Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tenderloin Roast

Options

The local butcher had Beef Tenderloin on sale so my wife and I decided to pick one up and treat ourselves to a nice dinner.  We cooked this beauty along with some mashed potatoes and man was it tasty.  By just adding a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper, the beef was the star of the show.  The beef was extremely tender and the flavor was outstanding. We accompanied the wonderful meal with a bottle of Turley Juvenile wine and could not have had a better pairing.  This meal was extremely easy and yielded outstanding results.

Instructions

1. Set EGG for indirect cooking at 425°F/218°C.
  2. Coat Tenderloin with olive oil and add a generous amount of salt and pepper to all sides of meat.
  3. Roast tenderloin for 35 to 40 minutes depending on desired degree of doneness.
  4. Then roast reaches desired temperature, remove from EGG, cover with foil and a towel or dishcloth and let rest at least 10 minutes. Slice thin pieces and serve immediately OR cool and refrigerate and cut thin slices for picnic fare.

I used a dual wireless thermometer to monitor the grill temperature and also the the internal temperature of the beef.

Letting the Beef rest for 10 minutes...always the hardest part!! :)

Plated and served with mashed potatoes and left over butternut squash from Thanksgiving!  Very easy dish to prepare and yields wonderful results.  One of my favorite parts is the cold steak sandwiches the next day with horseradish sauce! 

Comments