Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Who cares?

Options
bgebrent
bgebrent Posts: 19,636
Just cuz we all do!  Present your solution to our future, and how our eggs fit in.
Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I would get in my DeLorian, hit 88 mph, travel back in time, kill a bunch of a$$holes like Hitler, the dog wheelchair thief guy, Janice from accounting (because she don't give a F*ck), and change the future so it is awesome.   The end.
    Options
    Going back in time to stop the invention of the internal combustion engine. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @bgebrent
    Brother I honestly have a solution for all of our problems that would no doubt work. The country could return to the Glory Days of Big Ron in no time at all. However I will not post it my friend. I would get banned for speaking the truth instead of the politically correct nonsense that everyone seems to be on the bandwagon with. If you can catch me when I'm off of my meds I'm less likely to hold back. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I would rather have Ron run than any of those ass-clowns running right now.  
    Short of Jesus Christ, I would take Big Ron over anyone. The man was almost a God himself. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    If I could travel back in time, I would, but not to change the future, just to live in a better time than what we have today, of course that may mean traveling back to pre-neanderthal days, I might be alone, but I wouldn't have to worry about what the idiots in government were doing.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    what did those idiots do?
    Options
    Which ones, the Neanderthals or the guberment ;)

Status- Standing by.

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    They keep on stealing more and more money from me, but do less & less to fix the roads and bridges.
    And they keep on taking more and more freedoms from me, telling me more and more what I can and cannot do.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    not sure why i am being specially requested to provide an opinion.

i don't pretend to have an answer, and i really have zero faith in the ability of a barbecue forum to come up with one.

i'm also pretty sure there is nothing i could say one way or the other, even with the help of a clever meme, that is going to change anyone's mind.

when people make it clear they are entrenched, there's really no logic to trying to discuss anything with them.

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Mosca
    Mosca Posts: 456
    Options
    Solution to future: Hell, meet handbasket.

My contribution: food for the journey.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Doggoneit.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Fail.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    not sure why i am being specially requested to provide an opinion.

i don't pretend to have an answer, and i really have zero faith in the ability of a barbecue forum to come up with one.

i'm also pretty sure there is nothing i could say one way or the other, even with the help of a clever meme, that is going to change anyone's mind.

when people make it clear they are entrenched, there's really no logic to trying to discuss anything with them.

Nicely put, my friend.  
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Burrrp
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Fart noises
    Drunkenly doing both with my hand tucked in my waistband. 
  • DMW
    Options
    Drunkenly doing both with my hand tucked in my waistband. 

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    How about funding education and infrastructure to build for the future.

in particular, I'd like to see more attention given to the space program
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • DMW
    Options
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options