Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mold

Options
Have mold in my egg. Fired it up to 500 and letting it run. Will that do the trick? Don't see a need to actually go to 800 or 900. 500 should do it, right?
When you get to a fork in the road, pick it up, spear something with it and throw it on the grill!!!

Comments

• slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    I would get it as hot as possible... 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    It won't be poisonous, but I'd go up to 700 at least.  Take out your thermometer.
    Options
    500 should be fine. Just open it up and look inside every now and then and let it burn until it's all gone. For the first time since I have owned my egg, I had mold in mine after not being used for 4 months due to working nightshift. I built a small wood fire in mine (wood is not necessary, I just like the smell) and let burn for about a hour or so between 450-550 degrees and all is well now. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    +1 agree with @slovelad ... have a Rutland ready.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Had this and pulled the thermometer, did high heat cleaning burn. All gone. 

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• onesaxplayer
    Options
    Mine wasn't quite that bad. It was mostly on the grate. I did 500 for 90 minutes. Looks all gone to me.
    When you get to a fork in the road, pick it up, spear something with it and throw it on the grill!!!