Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Crown roast of pork cooking time question

Options
I have a 9 bone crown pork roast I am going to egg in the morning. Planning to go indirect ~325, unstuffed. Anyone with experience have a rough guesstimate how long it will take to get to the 145-150 range?
Killen, AL (The Shoals)
XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs

Comments

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Never done one, but saw nobody's answered yet - bump.
    Phoenix 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I'm gonna guess around 45 minutes.
    Options

blasting said:
    Never done one, but saw nobody's answered yet - bump.

Brother a 9 bone unstuffed roast will not take long at 325 degrees. The unstuffed small ones cook surprisingly fast. This is just a estimate depending on your setup and how well you maintain temp, but 90 minutes, give or take a little, should be in the ballpark. May I suggest pulling at 140 instead of 145-150. If you pull at 140, it will climb to 145 while resting. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    Options
    I'd listen to SGH.  Probably closer to his number.
    Options
    I'd listen to SGH.  
    I don't know my friend, I hear that bastard will lie ;)
    While I have your attention, is that Scarlet in your avatar?

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Yep!
    Options
    Yep!
    She is a Thunder Goddess without question or doubt. I would crawl on my belly through a mile of glass and fire with gasoline shorts on just to get a whiff of her....err, hair ;)

Status- Standing by.

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    No idea about an unstuffed one, but here is the way I like to do them stuffed. I would pull around 142-145F as it will creep about 4-5 degrees in the rest period.
    Happy Holidays!

http://site.outdora.com/blog/crown-roast-big-green-egg-richard-fl-1431.html