Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turkey breast

Options
Im looking to do a turkey breast for Thanksgiving.
Wanting your opinions on boneless vs whole bone in breast ?

Comments

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I like the bone-in.  Prices are cheaper per lb.  Have done a boneless turkey breast as seen on America's Test Kitchen, where they removed skin, then cut both breasts off the bone.  They placed both breasts together by putting the tapering ends opposite of each other, then placed the skin on, and tied.  It worked well, nice even consistent shape to grill.

Have also done the high end all natural boneless that my butcher gets annually from a Turkey farm locally.  Fell apart when I ran it on the slicer.  Pretty much a mishmash of both white and dark meat netted together.  Didn't really care for the way it ended up for the price.   

Anymore I place the whole bone-in, on indirect, then remove breasts, and slice manually.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• GalanteNate_OneEa
    Options
    I partially deboned my turkey, specifically the rib cage/breast bone. It's pretty much spatchcock w/o the breast bone.  I like the way it cooks much more evenly and serves nicer in my opinion. 
  • TFols
    TFols Posts: 241
    Options
    I like bone in
    Bloomfield, NJ