Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pink Butcher Paper on sale.

Options
SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Is that what Franklin uses?  I read where pink makes your food taste better. :)

For real, I'm running low on my 24" white and was just starting to looking for deals on BP. Thanks for sharing.  
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    Options
    What is the advantage to this over the brown bag?
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    Ordered. Thanks. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Geez guy ... first you're pushing plastic and now paper ... when will it ever end?

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• SGH
    edited November 2015
    Options
    stompbox said:
    What is the advantage to this over the brown bag?
    With the pink you know for sure it is 40# weight. However if your brown or white paper is 40# then there is no difference in their performance. The up shot of buying the pink is you know for sure that you are getting 40# un coated paper. That's the only advantage. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    edited November 2015
    Options

4Runner said:
    Is that what Franklin uses?  Yes sir, this is it. He uses the 18".

Thanks for sharing.  My pleasure brother. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Hi54putty said:
    Ordered. Thanks. 
    I just ordered 2 rolls of the 18" myself. 

Status- Standing by.

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    It never ends. Having a BGE is like having a Ford Truck, next week it needs something else. I have both, I know of which I speak. I am selling the Ford.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    I've been eyeballing this for a while. Thanks. 
  • SGH
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    It never ends. Having a BGE is like having a Ford Truck, next week it needs something else. I have both, I know of which I speak. I am selling the Ford.
    If you will trade that Ford in on a Chevy, your problems will be solved. All a Chevy needs is a little gas every now and then. Those Fords are a like a woman, they are very high maintenance ;)

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Just for clarity, the Oren brand, 18" paper is the exact paper that AF uses himself. 

Status- Standing by.

• YukonRon
    Options
    SGH said:
    YukonRon said:
    If you will trade that Ford in on a Chevy, your problems will be solved. All a Chevy needs is a little gas every now and then. Those Fords are a like a woman, they are very high maintenance ;)
    I have one of those too. You sir are a very wise man. MBW is a keeper, as long as she puts up with me. She thinks of me like I do my Ford truck.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009
    Options

@SGH 

I use white..I use brown....I use peach...it doesn't really matter...cuz you know what they say......

it's all Pink on the inside ;)

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

• SGH
    Options
    bcsnave said:

@SGH 

I use white..I use brown....I use peach...it doesn't really matter...cuz you know what they say......

it's all Pink on the inside ;)

I hear ya brother :D

Status- Standing by.

• bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Yep ..I always try for 132 to 142 degree's...

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

• HendersonTRKing
    Options
    Ordered.  Also ordered the roller/cutter -- highly discounted as well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004MDLZK0?dpID=21oMW5nMKwL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_SL500_SR160,160_&refRID=NDQJGXPNDB0M1D25J7PK&ref_=pd_lutyp_cxhsh_1_1

Just upped my game.  @SGH knows that all you gotta do is throw some money at it and watch it get better!  That's how we liberals roll!  =)

Thanks for the tip!

It's a 302 thing . . .
  • SGH
    Options
     Also ordered the roller/cutter -- highly discounted as well.

Thanks for the tip!

My pleasure brother. I was eyeing that cutter as well. May go back and order it. 

Status- Standing by.

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    I contacted OREN last month.  In case anyone is interested, below is the email the're distributor sent me.  Same paper, larger quantity.  I'm just not sure if I could ever use this much paper.

A single roll of the 24” x 1000’ butcher paper is 47.40.  The estimated freight to PhoenixAZ is 26.18.  I can have that shipped out today via Fedex 3-day ground.  If you would like to get that order finalized, please call me at 512-837-5887.

Thank you,

Cheryl

Phoenix 
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    Which size is recommended, the 18" or the 24"? 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • SGH
    Options
    @blasting
    Just curious, is it the pink paper or white?

Status- Standing by.

• HendersonTRKing
    Options
    SGH said:
     Also ordered the roller/cutter -- highly discounted as well.

Thanks for the tip!

My pleasure brother. I was eyeing that cutter as well. May go back and order it. 
    64% off!  Going on metal racking in the garage. Perfect. Any reason/justification/excuse to cook another brisket. 
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    GATABITES said:
    24 is easier for wrapping. 18 will need either 2 pieces or extra wraps which can be awkward with hot meat.
  • SGH
    Options
    GATABITES said:
    That's open to debate. Most folks who mostly cook 12-16 pound briskets prefer the 18". However when cooking briskets in the 20-28 pound arena, it's much easier to wrap them with the 24". If you are not cooking the big monsters on a regular basis, the 18" works great. With all that said, I have wrapped a 24 pounder with the 18" paper. 

Status- Standing by.

• YukonRon
    Options
    SGH said:
    Got a question, is 18 inch the ideal size for brisket and butts? I suppose I am asking if the 18" is the choice for whole packers?

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SGH
    Options
    @YukonRon See my reply right above yours my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

• YukonRon
    Options
    SGH said:
    @YukonRon See my reply right above yours my friend. 
    Thank you! Want to buy an old Ford truck?

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SGH
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Thank you! Want to buy an old Ford truck?
    I don't which would be the worst, getting caught driving a Ford or using a Yeti ;)

Status- Standing by.

• Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    Did ya'll purchase the $18.99 + $5.99 shipping from BurntEndPaper or the $29.95 prime, fulfilled by Amazon?
    I've been watching the $29,95 prime stuff for 6 months, no change in price.
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • SGH
    Options
    Durangler said:
    Did ya'll purchase the $18.99 + $5.99 shipping from BurntEndPaper or the $29.95 prime, fulfilled by Amazon?

I'm guessing mine is from Amazon. I tried to check but now that I placed the order this is all that I can pull up. 

Status- Standing by.