Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

At Work..Thinking about what to cook this weekend.

Options
Sitting at work being fairly unproductive.. What are you guys cooking this weekend? I need some inspiration... Did Pepper Stout Beef last weekend and it was awesome!

Thinking about a couple pizzas.. Got some ribs in the freezer... But my heart is telling me to get a brisket! Lol

happy hump day btw... Almost the weekend
Large BGE
36" BlackStone
Backwoods G2 Party
Yard full of other stuff to cook on

RVA -> Chesapeake Va
Professional Drinker & Home Cook

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    SRF gold brisket for me. Can't wait! 
  • annjamaican
    Options
    Oysters... but does that really count as cooking?
    - Jamaican living in rural Western Washington
    - Got my first egg (XL) in October 2015
  • EggSmokeVa
    Options
    I need to place an order soon.. Might go by Costco and see if they have anything good
    Large BGE
    36" BlackStone
    Backwoods G2 Party

RVA -> Chesapeake Va
  • EggSmokeVa
    Options
    Ah man.. Oysters sound good... I might fry some Friday night.. My girl loves them 
    Large BGE
    36" BlackStone
    Backwoods G2 Party

RVA -> Chesapeake Va
  • Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Options
    What you mentioned sounds really good.
  • EggSmokeVa
    Options
    Think I've decided on Fried Oyster Friday.. Ribs Saturday... And chicken wings & pizzas Sunday for the football games
    Large BGE
    36" BlackStone
    Backwoods G2 Party

RVA -> Chesapeake Va
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited November 2015
    Options
    It does when you make oyster stew....my favorite. Raw don't count ....but damn they should for all the work they require.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Hotdogs. :smiley: 
    W/ the list you gave I'd say zas on Friday. Brisket Saturday. And ribs Sunday. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • EggSmokeVa
    Options
    Good call @NPHuskerFL
    Large BGE
    36" BlackStone
    Backwoods G2 Party

RVA -> Chesapeake Va
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Sitting at work being fairly unproductive..
    I have been doing this very thing every night for 4 months now. And y'all wonder why gas is so high ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    Do you have a Wok and a Spider yet?  :)
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • annjamaican
    Options
    Well here they are. I grilled them before opening then brushed with some jerk compound butter
  • SmokingPiney
    Options
    @annjamaican,

Awesome! 
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Beautiful!!  One of my favorites!  Great job!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SmokingPiney
    Options
    I've been traveling for over a week and I have the Egg jones really bad.......I felt like hugging my Egg when I got home. :)

I'm putting a pile of wings on the Egg tomorrow. Saturday is big strip steaks, and Sunday is a spatchcock chicken. 

That might scratch the itch for a few days.  :)
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • Chillin@5
    Options
    steaks friday and test turkey #3 on sat. on thursday we will have pizzas because we will be so sick of Turkey. But I am committed to delivering "best turkey ever" to my family on Thanksgiving.
    1 XL , 1 LBGE , 1MM a very tolerant hubby and 2 hungry teenage boys with a lot of friends. I Love playin' with charcoal and sippin' Bourbon in Fenton, MI. Live Large!
  • EggSmokeVa
    Options
    Love it! @Chillin@5
    Large BGE
    36" BlackStone
    Backwoods G2 Party

RVA -> Chesapeake Va
  • EggSmokeVa
    Options
    I'm doing Fried Oysters tomorrow.. Ribs Saturday.. And pizza & wings on Sunday 
    Large BGE
    36" BlackStone
    Backwoods G2 Party

RVA -> Chesapeake Va
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Cooking a Duroc Pork butt with my Competition recipe tomorrow for practice, and a rack of Duroc ribs trimmed to St. Louis style for Saturday. Sunday is beef ribs and the rib tips from trimming the pork ribs the day before.

Going to be a BBQ filled weekend at my place. (most are)
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • VANcouverEGG
    VANcouverEGG Posts: 173
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I love the thread. Everyday at work, i'm thinking about what beer i'm gonna drink and what is going on the egg. I go through the whole process in my head. What am i going to do while the egg is lighting? In that time, what can i accomplish? Try not to drink too much.
    I think i catch myself syncing to a Donahue episode, where i'm phil, pulling egg forum members out of the audience to try and answer the grilling questions. 
    Ha. Maybe it's just simpler than i think. 
  • SGH
    Options
    Absolutley it counts as cooking. Oysters are by far and large my very favorite thing in the world to grill. Without any exaggeration at all, I can easily eat 6 dozen chargrilled oysters while waiting on the main course. 

Well here they are. I grilled them before opening then brushed with some jerk compound butter
    Awesome!!

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• annjamaican
    Options
    Thank you :) I'm on to my first Boston Butt today. Rubbed with Bad Byron's and have some brioche dough going for buns. 
  • SGH
    Options
    Thank you :) I'm on to my first Boston Butt today. Rubbed with Bad Byron's and have some brioche dough going for buns. 
    You are quite welcome my friend.  Standing by to see the butt. That kind of sounds bad doesn't it ;)

Status- Standing by.