Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What is your favorite thing to cook?

Options
Ozzie_Isaac
Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,108
edited November 2015 in EggHead Forum
On the egg, my favorite thing so far is Brisket.  Especially sliced point.

I like it pretty simple.  Salt, Pepper, something for heat.  250 or less and wrapped in paper for the finish.  Key is to eat it right when you slice it.
They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin

Comments

• logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    Chuck or Plate Short Ribs
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Nice and simple baby back ribs.  Rubbed with Meat Church Honey Hog and Honey Hot Hot, and glazed with Blues Hog Smokey Mtn sauce.  Simple, care free cook that turns out amazing every time. Set it and forget it.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• annjamaican
    Options
    I'm still new to Egging but my favorite so far has been turkey, maybe pizza. I just love cooking on it, period. 
    - Jamaican living in rural Western Washington
    - Got my first egg (XL) in October 2015
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Paella, Crown roast of pork, bone in rib eye roast 4-6 bones.  After 15 years on egg food like it all eggcept BURNT!!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    Options
    I'm in the brisket cook camp.  You cannot beat a L&S cook for the enjoyment, supervisory adult beverage time or the SWMBO escape time that you get. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Man that is a tough one but I suppose the thing I cook the most is chicken. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Jeopardy tune playing.... Buzzer sound. 
    That's a tough decision. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,771
    Options
    rueben sandwiches from a corned point come to mind, its almost like an event to look forward too =) i always like new cooks, something ive never had or tried
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • jonnymack
    Options
    Steaks, I still haven't unleashed the fury of some of the longer cooks due to my job and having 3 young kids that occupy every shred of free time.
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Probably monkey brains.
    Options
    Probably monkey brains.
    I heard you're supposed to eat that raw. No joke. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Raw on the inside, a crusty seared dura mater on the outside.  Yurm.
    Options
    Probably monkey brains.
    Geez guy ... I'm going to go back over to the Lump thread where folks are more serious and helpful.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Options
    Paella. 
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Probably monkey brains.
    Geez guy ... I'm going to go back over to the Lump thread where folks are more serious and helpful.
    Ow!  That hurts!  Lump threads are like the dark net - they harbor the ugliest, most divisive miscreants, frequently on INTERPOL most wanted lists, in our universe. 

That said, I am kidding about the monkey brains.  I don't care to eat brains ever, and I certainly don't want to eat any of my evolutionary ancestors unless they are far more removed.
    Options
    Toss up between brisket and tri-tip.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    pork--any kind--maybe homemade bacon
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Got to admit to being like the proverbial kid in a candy store ... haven't found my favorite yet, but I'm working on it.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Whatever's on sale is big in my book. 
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Okay, I missed that point ... yep, that does play a part in the choice ... most often a big part.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    I saw some shrimp the other day at the westwego fish market - $1/lb.  You would be hesitant to use these as bait much less cook them.  There's a point of diminishing returns on some sale stuff.  I do experience maniacal joy in getting stuff on sale, so I feel ya.
    Options
    Wow, tough one.  Guess pork for the most part.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • EggSmokeVa
    Options
    St Louis Style Pork Ribs!!
    Large BGE
    36" BlackStone
    Backwoods G2 Party
    Yard full of other stuff to cook on

RVA -> Chesapeake Va
    Professional Drinker & Home Cook
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Okay, I missed that point ... yep, that does play a part in the choice ... most often a big part.
    I figured your favorite thing is whatever your kid didn't steal from the freezer.  ;)
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I figured your favorite thing is whatever your kid didn't steal from the freezer.  ;)
    Those were some excellent ribs.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Bernie Sanders' Ribs of Redistribution? 
  • Bentgrass
    Options
    Spatchcock Chicken w/ pork shoulder a close second.
    1. Bettendorf, Ia with lots of time in Chattanooga, Tn.  LBGE, plate setter, ar, Looft lighter, maverick et-735, Rutland gasket, Smokeware SS cap, Kickash basket, and lots of cast iron.
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Brisket. At it's heart it's very simple cook.  A slab of meat, seasoned with salt and pepper. Cook properly and it's great, cook poorly and its football for dinner. 

I like offal but draw the line at brains. I'm afraid of prions. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Bernie Sanders' Ribs of Redistribution? 
    Nailed it.  I did all the lawn work, what gives him the right to a freezer full of meat, especially when he is always traveling.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

blind99 said:
    Brisket. At it's heart it's very simple cook.  A slab of meat, seasoned with salt and pepper. Cook properly and it's great, cook poorly and its football for dinner. 

I like offal but draw the line at brains. I'm afraid of prions. 
    I see lambs head and pigs head a lot on "Chopped".  It would be interesting to smoke a whole head (sans brain and eyes).