Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Led grill light

Options
has anyone used one of these wondering if it will fit on a mini max 

Comments

• DaveRichardson
    Options

All I see on the smokeware website is that is works with the 9" handle eggs....  Someone out there has to know.

@BigGreenCraig is buddies with the InnovationsByChance folks.....  Care to chime in, Brother Tabor?

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,052
    Options
    I have the double sided bracket and the single sided bracket.

I really like the light, my only nit pick is on/off click order.

1 click = side light
    1 more click = off
    1 more click = main light
    1 more click = off

It has a magnet, a hook that folds out, and is real sturdy.

For the minimax I would try the single sided bracket and put it on the outside of the handle, not on the middle.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    I have the smokeware version on the large mounted on the outside of the handle. No reason it wouldn't work on MM. PS, lowes sells the light portion as an impulse buy at the register for like $5. 
  • Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options
    That looks a lot like the flashlight I got at Harbor Freight for $2.99. They sometimes have them for free as a premium to get you in the door.  Mine has a magnet on the back but I usually just hold it in one hand while using the other to flip or probe meat.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    I run one on my Mini Max. The light is not weatherproof, but it is able to to be removed from the bracket and used elsewhere or to be stored. It's perfect for someone Egging on the go. 

• DaveRichardson
    Options
    I know you would know, Craig!  Thanks for the pic of the light in action!

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Microphone gooseneck, microphone clamp, waterproof LED flashlight = inexpensive win

https15254b2dcaab7f5478ab-24461f391e20b7336331d5789078af53sslcf1rackcdncombiggreeneggvanillaforumscomFileUploadb8016226884f593e1acd9f7facacd607jpg

That's the one I just mounted on my large Jwork- says in the instructions that mounting bracket can be cut back to use only one hole for smaller handles.
    1. Bettendorf, Ia with lots of time in Chattanooga, Tn.  LBGE, plate setter, ar, Looft lighter, maverick et-735, Rutland gasket, Smokeware SS cap, Kickash basket, and lots of cast iron.
  • WindJammer
    Options
    I've got the same setup as Nolaegghead, after seeing his table on here last year. It's an awesome setup. That I've incorperated in other areas with poor light. My workbench and my tool shed.
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    Dang @Nolaegghead, I shoulda though of using my air tools to strip my old gasket!  Bet you got that thing shiny white before replacing the gasket!  Look good.  Like the gooseneck!

• Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    Here's my other grill light...  =)=)=)

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options

That is a good set up, Craig.  Grats!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    This is my other grill light.....

Options

As I scrolled down, I thought this was going to be a joke post of a football stadium!

Then I saw the whole picture.  That is awesome.

What is the blue kamodo in the back?
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options

As I scrolled down, I thought this was going to be a joke post of a football stadium!

HAHAHAHA!!!! When I finally got it all assembled, my wife and I were sitting there looking at it. She said, "you are f**king nuts." HAHA!!!

The blue one in the back is a Flo Kamado. I think they are based out of Austin, TX? They are a very inexpensive cooker, similar to a Vision. 

@cazzy  Thanks! 
  • Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Options
    I had the smokeware light works great. I then found the same exact light without the bracket at a dollar store like the other poster said for under $5. 
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    @Tinyfish ... I think Chance has it priced at $5 for the light and $25 for the bracket.  And nope, you can't buy them separately ... I know 'cuz I tried.  But once you have the unit, then you can replace a bad light for only $5 from several suppliers.

It's nice idea, but needs some work.  The side flashlight is a pain ... it takes a number of clicks to get to the correct lighting function ... frustrating.  I have the single arm bracket ... it works okay and is out of the way when using the handle.  But, it holds some water in the folds when it's raining ... yep, the water runs off when you open the dome ... not good. 

If Chance would redesign the bracket around a light that is on/off that would help.  Then make the bracket removable via a magnetic attachment - with the light installed - that would help for the 75% of the time when a light isn't needed ... plus, it could be removed when it's raining and alleviate that problem. 

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Options
    My light from the dollar store has a has a hook you can hang the light from I just hang it from the handle
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    Tinyfish said:
    My light from the dollar store has a has a hook you can hang the light from I just hang it from the handle
    Big Green egg sells them    http://www.biggreenegg.com/eggcessories/flexible-grill-light/

• tfhanson
    tfhanson Posts: 219
    Options
    Tspud1 said:
    Tinyfish said:
    Big Green egg sells them    http://www.biggreenegg.com/eggcessories/flexible-grill-light/

Tspud, do you work for them?  That is the third or fourth post where all you say is "Big Green egg sells them".
    Johns Creek, GA - LBGE and a some stuff
  • McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options
    Big_Green_Craig said:

HAHAHAHA!!!! When I finally got it all assembled, my wife and I were sitting there looking at it. She said, "you are f**king nuts." HAHA!!!

The blue one in the back is a Flo Kamado. I think they are based out of Austin, TX? They are a very inexpensive cooker, similar to a Vision. 

@cazzy  Thanks! 
    hahaha your lucky that is all she said.  My wife would just calmly have a garage sale when i'm not home.  Nice set up 
    Hermosa Beach CA