Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grillin' in the Dark

smbishop
smbishop Posts: 3,053
edited November 2015 in EggHead Forum
After a 3:45am tornado warning, it was a long day at school with my 4th grade students...but, there is always time for grilling in the dark.  :)
Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.

Comments

• Love my low voltage landscaping spotlights that I have over my egg-space to cut the darkness since the sun now sets at 2PM (it seems!!!!)

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Do you have a link or anything you can provide for the lighting you used ? I am looking for the best solution for lighting 
    Large BGE
    36" BlackStone
    Backwoods G2 Party
    Yard full of other stuff to cook on

RVA -> Chesapeake Va
    Professional Drinker & Home Cook
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    I see the I see the light! and some great looking burgers! :)

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• smbishop
    edited November 2015
    Do you have a link or anything you can provide for the lighting you used ? I am looking for the best solution for lighting 

My wife didn't by this from smokeware, but it is the same set-up.  It didn't fit between the handle of my older Egg, but I mounted it on a post.  I have the low voltage lights that @DaveRichardsonmentions.  :)

http://smokeware.com/collections/grill-accessories/products/1-arm-ultra-bright-grill-light

Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • smbishop
    Thank you @Jupiter Jim 
    :)

• I have the simple, $50 transformer from Malibu that is sold at Home Depot/Lowes.  Then I have it wired into some deck lighting.  My deck is 12" off the ground, so no handrails are required by code, so the lighting is underneath to give a "glow effect".  Can't quite take a pic of those lights.....!

At my egg, which is at the end of the line of the deck lighting,I have a post that I ran the low voltage line up inside some trim boards and out to an outdoor switch that then goes to the LED lights that I mounted overhead.  There started as ground lights, but they also sell a bracket to mount the lights to posts/trees, etc.  I can throw the switch and on comes the lights.  I can turn them off, and since I am at the end of the line of the lights, it doesn't effect the deck lighting at all.

In theory, as long as you are watching the amount of wattage being put out and don't max out the transformer, you could do other lights this way all over the deck.  A simple manifold-like splitting of the line at the lights will keep everything running.

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    Laugh at me all you want, but for 15 years this has been my guiding light! Yes it is a simple hard hat which is very comfortable to wear - mounted with a LED lamp! You know the amazing thing?..."it always seems to know where I am lookin" LOL. Besides it frees up both hands!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • smbishop
    I also wear a headlamp!