Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Table that needs a solution

Options
Ok so I had a talented friend of mine build me this table.  It's designed to hold a large and a small.  Unfortunately I didn't get the measurement right to include the spring hinge.  Rookie mistake I guess.  So now I'd like to have a decent looking solution to raise the egg up.  I've seen the metal legs from Green Egg but hoping for more of a custom look.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Comments

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    Do tou have the three feet that came with the egg? 
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options

Bought this from smokware.. It cost me 81 soles with shipping. It lifts the egg 2.5 inches. Should be a nice fit and give you a bit more custom look
  • slovelad
    Options
    Really nice table btw! I love the granite insert for he small egg.

also, what is that cluster of bottle caps on the right ?
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    I have seen many tables that are "notched" for the hinges. 
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Do tou have the three feet that came with the egg? 
    They're in the table picture.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    edited November 2015
    Options
    slovelad said:

Bought this from smokware.. It cost me 81 soles with shipping. It lifts the egg 2.5 inches. Should be a nice fit and give you a bit more custom look
    Are there adjustable leveling feet/pads on this thing? 3 or 4 if there are?
    What are your initial thought of the product?
    Thank you...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    You absolutly need a gap under the egg between the table for air flow. This keeps the table from getting too hot and catching fire. Either find a metal worker near you or just get the table nest as it looks pretty good.

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• Guinn N Egg
    Options
    Yeah I have the feet but unfortunately they didn't provide enough clearance.  I like the ring.  I also need to come up with a solution for the small.  The small is currently out on "loan" so I have that as a lower priority.  But if I could find a custom stand that would match for the small and the large that would be best. Was wondering if anybody would ask about the bottle caps..  That was the break in test.  I have a bottle opener coming that will be mounted above where the caps are.

Not sure if this will work but here's a video of my buddy that made the egg describing it.

https://youtu.be/C9wy5HNXqxU
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    Didnt see the feet off to the right. 
    Hahaha

feet plus another paver should do it. Looks almost high enough already

i'd notch it myself instead. You don't want it too high when using it
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Guinn N Egg
    Options
    Didnt see the feet off to the right. 
    Hahaha

feet plus another paver should do it. Looks almost high enough already

i'd notch it myself instead. You don't want it too high when using it
    Yes it was designed just to sit on the feet but it was too low.  So that's why it's on the pavers.  I'll take a look at notching it as well.  Thanks for all the suggestions.
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    Any decent metal shop can build a great stand.

See if you can have it built so you can slide something under the egg to act as a tray when scooping out ash. 

Most places will want to use 1/2 or 3/4 tube stock which should be more than enough. 

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• slovelad
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    slovelad said:

Are there adjustable leveling feet/pads on this thing? 3 or 4 if there are?
    What are your initial thought of the product?
    Thank you...

Heres a pic of the bottom. 6 legs, and the product seems extremely well built, will give updates in the future
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited November 2015
    Options
    We had to come up with something when we did my Pizza Hut Make Table to LBGE mod to gain clearance. This worked out perfect. And it's quite simple to do. 
    Edit: if you do it as you see here you won't need a stone below it. There's more than enough room for an air gap. :wink: 

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Guinn N Egg
    Options
    Any decent metal shop can build a great stand.

See if you can have it built so you can slide something under the egg to act as a tray when scooping out ash. 

Most places will want to use 1/2 or 3/4 tube stock which should be more than enough. 

Thanks I'll be looking for a metal shop nearby.  Dave I see you're almost a neighbor.  I'm in Peachtree City.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    Here's another suggestion - though more complex, but maybe your buddy will take it as a challenge. I was faced with the same issue when I added my small to my table which already had my large egg. I too wanted it to be the same height. What I did was to make a riser which then became the carcass for a drawer! It may not hold a lot other than little pieces and parts, but is handy just the same. One recommendation though is spend the money and use a stainless steel drawer hanger with roller bearings!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.