Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Dinner

Options
500 Posts: 3,177
I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
Member since 2009

Comments

Options
    Got an organic bird. Stuffed it with its own neck, wing tips, and everything else that came with it. Next time I'll put in the organ meat too. Rubbed it with pickle juice, kosher salt, cracked black, and Lawry's salt. Chilled in the fridge to dry for 5 hours. Raised direct at 400*. 160* IT at the breast. Took 70 minutes with a 5 minute rest in a bowl with loose foil. Dipped the cut pieces in the bowl juices. 
    Member since 2009
  • SmokingPiney
    Options
    Great looking bird. I might have to try the pickle juice the next time I do one.
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @500
    Man that bird looks excellent brother. Spot on. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Options
    Thanks. I read somewhere that Chik fil a brines their birds in pickle juice. That's what I was going for but I didn't remotely have that much juice. Gonna start saving my pickle juice
    Member since 2009