Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

YO, ...... Chubby

Options
Chef Wil
Chef Wil Posts: 702
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
DSCN0289.jpg
<p />cooked up a spicey pineapple glazed ham on the small using your GrateMates. Man, thats the first time I cook low and slow and not get an underneath burn, I was impressed, now I'm full......hehehe

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Chef Wil,
    Now I am hungry, man that looks so good.[p]Mike

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Chef Wil,
    As a new owner of a small that has not been used yet, can you give a little more information about what/how you did this????[p]Thanks,
    New Bob

• Chef Wil
    Options
    New Bob,
    simple simple simple
    set up Chubby Gratemates using the short set up
    lit the lump and stabilized egg at 275 degrees
    place a pie plate ( aluminum ) in the ring that comes with the mates to create an indirect.
    Glazed after 2 hours of cooking and kept it another 1/2 to seal glaze.
    Brand of ham was a Petit Jean, had never heard of the brand but quite honestly the very best ham i ever ate.

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Chef Wil,
    Thanks for the quick reply. Sounds good to me.[p]Regards,
    New Bob

• Chef Wil
    Options
    New Bob,
    forgot to mention, the glaze was purchased at Target, " Spicey Pineapple Glaze "

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    Chef Wil,[p]
    You got my attention with that one Wil!![p]That is one fine lookin' Ham!![p]I believe you know where to send leftovers...right?[p]Evans[p]Ps...thanks for the kind words![p]

I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!