Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thursday Night on Point

Options
Thursday we decided to cook a piece of Top sirloin. I decided to rotisserie first to sear the outside first, then threw onto the medium BGE to finish them off. While all of that was taking place we decided to fry and boil some shrimp for appetizers. SO we used 4 different pieces of cooking apparatus to feed 4 people lol... Little over kill.. oh and fried some chicken too..

----Cave 
Lafayette, LA-- Cajun Country

2- Xl, 1-L, 1-M, 1-Sm. In the green egg department...
Double basket fryer, Cajun Microwave, Boiler, Steamer, Gasser W/ Rotisserie,
15 gallon Cast iron pot, and adding

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    caveman521 said:
    Little over kill.. 
    It's never overkill. Never.  I firmly believe in big cookers and lots of them. The more the better in my book. Now to the food. Simply awesome man. Being from the Deep South I'm a huge seafood and fried food fan in general. Spectacular cook brother.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    I will take one of each
  • caveman521
    Options
    SBH.... 

We are always taking our specialty meats from lafayette to Orange Beach, AL..

Our friends over there are forever thankful.

Actually just picked up that Medium egg couple weeks ago from a couple in Mobile that were down sizing to a new home and sold us the egg, table, plate setter, charcoal, smoking wood and starter for 500 bucks...
    ----Cave 

• SGH
    edited November 2015
    Options
    SBH.... 

We are always taking our specialty meats from lafayette to Orange Beach, AL..

You come right through my neck of the woods. If you ever have time, give me a shout when you are passing through and pull in. Would be great to meet you. You have raised my curiosity about the "specialty" meat. You can check out some pretty neat smokers while you are here. Name is Scottie. Number is 228-627-5400. I'm currently working night shift in Mobil at Mobil Mid Bay Port. However I should be done pretty soon and back home. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• caveman521
    Options
    Will do man.. not sure when ill be passing that way again, island season is over but we still make trips here and there.. Will let you know
    ----Cave 

• SGH
    Options
    Will do man.. not sure when ill be passing that way again
    Looking forward to it my friend. You can call day or night, I'm always on call so I don't sleep much. Just give me a shout whenever y'all are coming through. 

Status- Standing by.