Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Smoked Cabbage

Ran into a smoked Cabbage up in Ga. a few weeks ago. Cored, butter rubbed inside, sausage then chicken stock. on the Egg for about 3 hours at 250 then will chop add more sausage and stock cook until done. Will more than likely cover at the same time of chop and let it steam. 
Niceville, Fl

Comments

• posterposter Posts: 339
    That's gonna be good. Waiting for the finished pics. If you like cabbage check out Emeril's cabbage recipe, with beer/bacon its good as well, but more of a stove top thing 
  • pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 6,753
    I'm a cabbage lover. I will be stealing this one. Can't wait to see the outcome. Looks like kielbasa or something in there? Great post. Unique to say the least. Thanks!
  • leemschuleemschu Posts: 323
    I can't wait to see this!! Looks like it will be epic!
  • BotchBotch Posts: 4,902
    I wanna try this, Thanks!

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
  • pgprescott big cabbage fan also; will do next one at 350, wedge cut earlier and warp. Andouille sausage. 
    Poster; big fan of cajun will trey Em's .
    Pic's on phone will post tomorrow.
    Niceville, Fl
  • SciAggieSciAggie Posts: 1,764
    Man, you rock! You have over 100 views on a thread with the word cabbage in it. From what I've seen that's an accomplishment. It must be the sausage involved.
    On a more serious note - that looks great. I'll have to try it.

Central Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok
  • KiterToddKiterTodd Posts: 1,754
    Mind blown. 

Awaiting results....

LBGE/Maryland
  • KiterToddKiterTodd Posts: 1,754
    So, how did it taste?  

It seems like the cabbage to sausage ratio is a bit high, but that is easily remedied! 

What kind of wood did you go with to get smoke without it being overpowering.  (saying this as I used Hickory for chicken recently, and it was too strong)
    LBGE/Maryland
  • Does need more sausage only had a little over a 1/2# on hand, used pecan. Much lighter than Hickory. Pretty darn tasty.
    Niceville, Fl
  • This Polack is no dummy!  I'm stealing this!

.......................................................................................

Flint, Michigan

Where shootings and tap water are equally deadly

My fleet of eggs: XL, Small & Mini.