Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yeti and customer service

Options
henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
Both my yeti ramblers lost their effectiveness. Emailed Kelli and 5 days later have 2 new ones. I just have to ship the old ones back.... On their dollar. I was impressed. Massive kudos to yeti. 

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    How did they fail on effectiveness?  Besides the obvious that they weren't keeping stuff cold or hot as long. What caused the failure?  Dishwasher, fire :lol: , or just normal usage with washing them by hand?  Did they require a copy of the original receipt or anything crazy?  Or only send the defective one's back on their dime?  I like ours thus far..(3) 30's, (2) coldsters and (2) lowballs. So far all are performing great. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    @henapple  .. my Yeti Rambler went south last summer, my experience was a 6 week wait. I shipped my cup in first as requested. My customer service was less than stellar.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I had a similar experience.  I emailed them and they called me back a few days later, shipped it out within a couple of days. 

I think they can stop working if the vacuum is compromised, i.e any kind of air leak between the two walls.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• henapple
    Options
    @SoCalTim... That stinks. They told me two weeks but the got here in 5. No receipt just pictures. They told me the seal was compromised. 
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    How did they fail on effectiveness?  Besides the obvious that they weren't keeping stuff cold or hot as long. What caused the failure?  Dishwasher, fire :lol: , or just normal usage with washing them by hand?  Did they require a copy of the original receipt or anything crazy?  Or only send the defective one's back on their dime?  I like ours thus far..(3) 30's, (2) coldsters and (2) lowballs. So far all are performing great. 
    He has done drank so much PBR that he has worn them out!! =)

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Is the seal becoming compromised a common occurrence with these? I've been holding off on buying one because I have seen a few people with the same issue on here.
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    @henapple would you mind sharing the email you sent it to? I need to contact them about my 65qt top that has become a bit wavy.

if you don't want to share publicly, could you message me? Thanks
  • stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    Options
    I know 2 people that had to send theirs back as well.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    jls9595 said:
    Is the seal becoming compromised a common occurrence with these? I've been holding off on buying one because of I have seen a few people with the same issue on here.
    Personally I don't think it is a common problem at all in view of how many of us here have bought multiples. I'm quite pleased with the 5 I have and use daily. Besides it sounds like they stand behind their warranty - so if something happens they will make it right. 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    No stopwatch on mine it does not last as long for sure but not send it back worthy. Enjoy all 3 ramblers.
    Seattle, WA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    There is absolutely no insulation in them.  When there is, then they fail.  They go from R1000 to R1 with a leak. (Numbers are approximate).  Mofkn science btches.
    Options
    I'm late to the yeti drink ware party, having just picked up a low ball last week.  
    I suspect Yeti is heavily involved in witchcraft.  That is the only explanation for how an open top container can hold ice for hours.  Hopefully they will stand behind their product for those with problems, but regardless, I will purchase again if mine fails.  Love this thing.

Phoenix 
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Can't wait til RTIC gets into the drinkware business, gonna be nice to buy the same Yeti Rambler, Colster or Lowball for half the price.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • henapple
    Options
    If they do... I'll buy them.