Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Meat Slicer Score!

Retired RailRoader
Retired RailRoader Posts: 974
edited October 2015 in EggHead Forum
A good friend of mine is a retired NYC fireman. I use him as my taste tester for sausage, jerky or other new recipes that I may try as he is brutally honest. That honesty has made me a better cook. A few months back while talking about jerky slicing he asks me, do you a meat slicer? Without a second of thought I say sure. Fast forward to yesterday he calls me and says pick him up we have to get the slicer. Now I'm not expecting anything special nor am I thinking that a slicer that has been sitting around in a garage will be in good shape. Much to my surprise the slicer is in great shape and in perfect working condition. Yes it needs to be cleaned up but I never expected this. The slicer is a Fleetwood 220AS. Needless to say my friend just moved to the top of the list when it's time to give out bacon, sausage and jerky. Thanks Rob!!

Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.

Comments