Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sirloin, Brussels Sprouts, Cauliflower, Potatoes

Options
DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
Realized this morning we didn't have anything planned for dinner tonight. Pulled a 4lb sirloin out of the freezer, wet it with Worcestershire sauce, coated with Tatonka Dust, vac sealed and in the SV.

Had some brussels sprouts I picked up last weekend and hadn't cooked yet. I have never made these before, decided to try this.
http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1890-roasted-brussels-sprouts-with-garlic

Started on the stove.

Then put it on the egg along with a pouch of potatoes and some cauliflower.

When those finished I dried the sirloin and seared it on the Lodge cast iron I had on the spider.

And here's some poor lighting pics from inside since it was already dark. And then time changes this weekend and it gets even worse...

And now I'm not hungry anymore. :smiley: 

They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
0.jpg 428.5K
1.jpg 646.7K
2.jpg 557.5K
3.jpg 421.1K
4.jpg 538.2K
5.jpg 513.5K
6.jpg 467.1K
7.jpg 466.5K

Comments

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    wow just wow, I'll bet that did not suck.
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Very nice @DMW. How long did you SV and what temp?

L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • DMW
    Options
    @miniemoh - Thanks, I dropped it in the SV frozen at 131*F around 8:00AM or so, got it out around 6:45PM for the sear. It was so tender I could cut the slices with a fork. Normally I would go for less time at a lower temp, but it started frozen and I had phone calls scheduled all day, so this was pretty much foolproof easy and it turned out great.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • leemschu
    leemschu Posts: 609
    Options
    Looks great! I'd like to try SV one day
    Dyersburg, TN
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Yup! Another great cook @DMW!  The money shot is money!!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Looks great! And extra points for the s on Brussels!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • DMW
    Options
    blind99 said:
    Looks great! And extra points for the s on Brussels!
    Spell check FTW :smiley: 

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    Well done, love that Brussel sprout recipe, that's a keeper
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Nice job.  Now go throat punch a stuffed animal.  (Insider information...)
    Options

damn it looks good

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

great looking spread @DMW .  spot on.

Phoenix 
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    Wow!  A 4 lb sirloin!   Looks like you nailed it.  Thanks for sharing the cook info.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    Options
    Looks delicious!
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    That is a fine looking sirloin. The sides are some of our favorites too. Excellent.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • DMW
    Options
    Dredger said:
    That is a fine looking sirloin. The sides are some of our favorites too. Excellent.
    Thanks! This was my first time making the sprouts and both my wife and I really liked them. We didn't even try to get the kids to taste them. Some battles aren't worth fighting.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Awesome! I do a similar thing with sprouts all the time. I render bacon pieces and reserve them then basically the same thing only I have never added garlic cloves. I will have to try it. I do mix in the bacon after deglazing with balsamic. 
  • DMW
    Options
    Awesome! I do a similar thing with sprouts all the time. I render bacon pieces and reserve them then basically the same thing only I have never added garlic cloves. I will have to try it. I do mix in the bacon after deglazing with balsamic. 
    I just realized I forgot the balsamic! I won't do that next time, I'm sure that would make it even better.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    DMW said:
    I just realized I forgot the balsamic! I won't do that next time, I'm sure that would make it even better.
    Hahaha.  We love the balsamic. Sometimes we sprinkle a little grated Parmesan on to finish. Really pairs well with a nice steak and a cab.