Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sweet and Tangy BBQ Sauce Recipe

Options
Wanted to share an awesome Sweet BBQ Sauce recipe.  Our friends and family love this sauce and we are constantly giving them filled little mason jars.  It's gone well with everything we've tried it with: ribs, chicken, brisket, breakfast sandwiches, etc...

3 strips of bacon
1/2 cup sweet onion, minced
5 cloves fresh garlic, minced
2 teaspoons black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup water
1 cup tomato ketchup
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup apple sauce (I prefer it with cinnamon)
1/4 cup yellow mustard
1/4 cup apple juice
Apple Cider vinegar

Heat the bacon and cook until browned and crispy, remove (leaving the grease) and discard the bacon (by eating, of course). Reduce the heat to low and add the onion, garlic, black pepper, garlic powder, onion power and cloves in the grease. Cook and stir for about 5 minutes. Add the brown sugar and water and bring to a simmer. Add the ketchup, honey, apple sauce, apple juice and yellow mustard, simmer for 20 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and season with a splash of the cider vinegar (about a teaspoon), stir. Let it sit for a few minutes, then pour the mixture into a blender or food processor, blend well and then let cool.  Pour into desired container(s) and keep refrigerated.  It will keep in the fridge for up to a month.

You could substitute the apple sauce with preserves, but I think it tastes just as good and it's a cheaper with the sauce.  If you try it, let me know what you think.  Enjoy!