Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

That was on heck of a ball game (OT)

Options
A child can ask questions a wise man can't answer!!!
Canada
Large @ Small BGE 

Comments

• Braggart
    Braggart Posts: 238
    Options
    One word...wow.

Okay, 2 words...just wow!
    Large BGE
    MMax BGE
    Weber gasser
    3 Dogs
    No neighbours 
    Living in Canada's bush
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Did Olerud hit a home run?
  • bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    Options
    Great for the city and our county - probably not so great for the league. But it's been a long time coming (watching this game brought back memories of 92-93). Toronto sports fans are an abused bunch, and we needed this. 
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    What a seventh inning-the beauty of the game, no clock just 27 outs.  Or in Texas' case somewhere around 30 after that melt-down.  And here comes KC in the second elimination game.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Unreal game, I usually do not watch the Jays, but chose to watch today - glad I did. Nothing like a 53 minute 7th, excluding the stretch. @lousubcap - interesting to watch Hamels and Donaldson in different dugouts after three years (It hink) of sharing the same Spitz bag. A's are gone so my heart is with my second choice, the Cubbies. (4 to 2 for KC in the 6th)

It is going to be interesting to see what we watch on the 19th, baseball or the election results, or maybe not......
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • chadpsualum
    Options
    I turned that game on as soon as I read on Twitter about Martin's throw hitting the batter's bat.  The bottom of the inning certainly didn't disappoint.  3 errors, a misplayed pop-up and then a ridiculous shot by Bautista (with one of the best post hit reactions/bat flips).  Then the action started with the benches clearing and people getting ejected.  Crazy.
    North Pittsburgh, PA
    1 LGE
  • ncaito
    ncaito Posts: 30
    Options

No idea why Andrus is paid. IF people made the routine plays, Bautista never gets that opportunity and they make it out of the inning still up one run.

Although it was ugly to watch as a Rangers fan I'm still proud of the team. They played and unbelievable second half of baseball and nobody ever would have thought they would win the division....Plus we get Yu Darvish back next year....

Brandy Station, VA Egghead

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    I really don't care about it. As long as Philly, Atlanta and stinkin' Boston are out.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Sorry I missed it, I had a work event.  Looking forward to the hair battle tonight.   Hoping the Mets bring it - Mets v Cubs would be a great NLCS.

y'all enjoy the odd-numbered year WS
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Cubs are 7-0 against the Mets in 2015; 3-4 vs Dodgers.  Play ball.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Legume
    Options
    I hear ya @lousubcap but I'm a Giants fan, so I'm conditioned to ignore regular season results once the playoffs start.  Good baseball ahead hopefully.
  • jimithing
    jimithing Posts: 254
    Options
    Crazy game.  Elvis definitely blew it in that 7th inning.  I'm sorry to say this but all you Canadians are bad baseball fans.  Throwing garbage on the field because you don't like a call?  This isn't hockey.  Have some class.

Also I like most of your players - seem like good dudes.  But that Bautista is a little b!@tch.  The way he whined about the first two games and then flipped his bat last night.  Screw him.
    XL BGE
    Plano, TX
  • Jeronamo
    Options
    @jimithing, judging an entire country based on the actions of a few hundred drunk people is absurd. Should we assume all Americans are bad sports fans given the '84 Tigers riot, all of the Lakers riots or the classic $0.10 beer night in Cleveland circa 1974? I would suggest that there are a bunch of bad apples in every large crowd, eh?
  • Jeronamo
    Options
    .... and.... Let's Go Blue Jays!!
  • Braggart
    Braggart Posts: 238
    Options
    Nobody liked the call...especially because it resulted in the go ahead run in a nail biter that would decide who advances to the next round....BUT...I agree with @jimithing...little or no class was shown.    

Voice your displeasure.   Boo your heart out.  Taunt the ref.    That's all part of experiencing a sporting event live.   

However...don't throw your beer, your popcorn and/or other debris.   Hate that stuff.  It's even worse that the Jays rallied and won the game.  A little restraint would have gone a long way in the end.  Now instead of merely concentrating on the win/advancing, conversations about fan behaviour are tabled.

It's unfortunate that the collective are judged on the actions of the few, but they are.  To this day, ask how Vancouver Canuck fans are perceived.   

...all this coming from a Canadian.  That's my nickel (no more pennies in Canada).
    Large BGE
    MMax BGE
    Weber gasser
    3 Dogs
    No neighbours 
    Living in Canada's bush
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    My wife and I said to each other at the very same time "This is freaking embarrassing!"

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Rzeancak
    Rzeancak Posts: 193
    Options
    I love baseball and the game...  I think! the majority of the people at the game are not baseball fans. they are band wagon jumpers and are only there because the Jays are winning and their hockey team sucks......  

Toronto Maple Leafs 
    National Hockey League standings
    Eastern Conference Atlantic

GP
    W
    L
    OT
    P
    GF
    GA
    L10
    STRK
    Canadiens 
    5-0-0
    W5
    Red Wings 
    3-0-0
    W3
    Panthers 
    3-1-0
    W2
    Lightning 
    3-2-0
    L2
    Senators 
    3-2-0
    L1
    Sabres 
    1-3-0
    L1
    Bruins 
    1-3-0
    W1
    Maple Leafs 
    0-2-1
    L3

A child can ask questions a wise man can't answer!!!
    Canada
    Large @ Small BGE 

• Legume
    Options
    It can happen anywhere. It sucks when it does, but unless it's happening regularly, you can't say 'Toronto fans are horrible' or whatever.  Playoffs always have a bunch of 'fans' that haven't been to a regular season game in years.  Event-goers and announcers like that gumby-headed Joe Buck are what's wrong with baseball playoffs.