Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's your favorite pre-made (not homemade) seasoning for veggies?

Options
As the title says... What's your favorite pre-made (not homemade) seasoning for veggies?

Im not looking for anything spicy (as in heat) but rather rich in flavor that complements or enhances the flavor of veggies. 

Thanks!
XL BGE Owner Since September 2015 - So expect a lot of newbie questions and please go easy on me :-)

Comments

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    What kind of veg. Maybe pineapple head from DP. Or Mrs. Dash.
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    2nd for Pineapple Head.  I put dat sh!t on everything!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I like Dizzy Pig Shakin' the Tree.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • LetsEat
    LetsEat Posts: 458
    Options
    Salt & Pepper ;)
    IL 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Susie Qs Santa Maria rub is great on almost all veggies
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    A couple of note, I like Montreal Steak on grilled asparagus. Old bay on roasted B-Red Potatoes & Brussel Sprouts. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Sometimes, I like a little "Mike Lowreys" or Lawry's season salt.  

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    On vegetables I like Dizzy Pig Tsunami Spin.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    DP's new IPA features hops and the flavors work
    well on veggies
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited October 2015
    Options
    There are only a few commercial rubs that I buy anymore.  DP Pineapple Head, Plowboys Yardbird, Old Bay, and this.

http://www.mrsdash.com/products/seasoning-blends/original-blend
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I use the No salt seasoning from Costco. It's similar to Trader Joes 21 spice salute stuff.
  • gamason
    gamason Posts: 406
    Options
    Tony Chacheries(sp).

Snellville,Ga.

LBGE

Minimax

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    penzeys herb de provence, adobo, zatar seasoning
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Dizzy Pig Shakin' the Tree at our house. 
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    This may be our family favorite!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    I don't find that there is a "one-size-fits-all" seasoning for veggies but one I do like on many veggies which hasn't been mentioned is Spike Original: http://spike-it-up.com/

Also, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that likes Montreal Steak Seasoning on some veg and that za'atar has been mentioned (tho I have not yet tried the Penzey blend).

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    I don't find that there is a "one-size-fits-all" seasoning for ...

I agree. Can't think of any one thing that works w. everything. What might work w. beets wouldn't work w. sweet potatoes, which wouldn't work w, kale, which wouldn't work w. corn. And so forth.

And really, garlic is a veg. What do you add to garlic to make it even better? Essence of bacon, I s'pose.

Celery salt, lemon pepper, & butter do well w. most veg, assuming the veg are good to begin, and cooked right.

Tried some Mrs. Dash recently, pretty good. Haven't seen any Spike at the stores I visit, I'll have to look.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    I don't find that there is a "one-size-fits-all" seasoning for veggies but one I do like on many veggies which hasn't been mentioned is Spike Original: http://spike-it-up.com/

Also, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that likes Montreal Steak Seasoning on some veg and that za'atar has been mentioned (tho I have not yet tried the Penzey blend).

i have a couple lebanese and syrian places a stones throw from me to get the zatar blends, i probably use more of that spice than anything on the shelf. i mentioned penzey because most will probably never find it except online and their version is the real deal. couple bakeries here will have syrian bread right out of the oven with a little oil and a dusting of zatar, they also have the hard yogurt balls covered with zatar to break up over a tomato/onion salad, killer stuff
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it