Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Golden Home Ultra Thin pizza crusts

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,888
edited October 2015 in EggHead Forum
Last week @byrne092 posted pictures of some drop dead gorgeous pizzas he made. He mentioned using the pre-made Golden Home brand crusts. Here's the link to his thread: http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1187402/pizza-pizza#latest  Saturday I went shopping for these and found the 12" ones with 3 in a package were on sale for a mere $3. Hey at a buck a piece how can a guy go wrong so I bought 2 packages!

What surprised me was the packages are a heavy plastic wrap and contain a small packet of something to keep them fresh. It is a resealable package, but once opened then any unused ones can be then frozen. Otherwise these need no refrigeration, just a nice flat space to hang out! BTW they are made in WI. Thanks for the tip @byrne092 !

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• 78 T140E
    78 T140E Posts: 110
    Options
    They're also available at Dollar Tree stores in package of 1 each for $1 ea.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Good tip- I will look for these.  If I can find them at Dollar Tree that would be sweet.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• byrne092
    byrne092 Posts: 746
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Yep! And if I remember correctly if you do open and don't go through all 3, you can refrigerate for a period of time. Have you had a chance to try them out yet @RRP ? One thing to note, I did not go by the recommended cooking time. I cooked them at 400-450 for roughly 10-15 minutes. One took about 5 minutes less for some reason. I just kept an eye on them and when the toppings looked the way I wanted them I pulled them off. I think you would really have to overdue it to burn the crust. 
    XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    byrne092 said:
    Yep! And if I remember correctly if you do open and don't go through all 3, you can refrigerate for a period of time. Have you had a chance to try them out yet @RRP ? One thing to note, I did not go by the recommended cooking time. I cooked them at 400-450 for roughly 10-15 minutes. One took about 5 minutes less for some reason. I just kept an eye on them and when the toppings looked the way I wanted them I pulled them off. I think you would really have to overdue it to burn the crust. 
    No I haven't tried them yet. Thanks for the advice! When I was checking out the clerk asked if I had tried them before and I said no, I just heard about them. She said they are TERRIFIC and what she has found if you stick the raw crust in the oven for 4 minutes it really makes them more crispy. That also means they will then hold up to piling on more toppings.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I think I might be stopping by a Dollar Tree on my way home one night this week just to try them out. I like to make my own dough, but often forget to do it a day or so ahead of time. What can I lose? A dollar? Haha.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings