Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Buffalo Chicken Legs and Beer Battered Rings

Options
bgebrent
bgebrent Posts: 19,636
Tailgating at home for the Falcons-cowboys game.  Thawed some drumsticks, home made Buffalo wing sauce and fried up some beer battered rings.  Felt almost like a waste of beer but I have more.  Raised indirect with a little apple for mild smoke.
Cheers!
Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Man that looks good!  It is funny I never think of using buffalo sauce on anything but wings but it looks great on those legs.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• bgebrent
    Options
    Thank you brother Pitt!  I put that "shlt " on everything =)!  Fries, burgers, dogs...  I might have a problem.  Appreciate it!
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Those onion rings look good. I haven't made any in ages; that will have to change. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Thank you brother Aggie!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    As you probably know, I like anything buffalo ;). Great looking grub brother. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Nice looking plate Brent.  I too like "that" sauce on a lot more than wings.  I'm thinking we should consider speaking in code, so as not to get Scottie too excited at the mere mention of you-know-what. 
    Phoenix 
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Looks like an outstanding meal. Nicely done. Onion rings looks light and crispy.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• bgebrent
    Options
    Thanks guys!  @Griffin, they were light and crispy.  I love the beer batter for that reason.
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    Tasty grub!
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    I like all of that!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options

Dude.

Awesome looking cook, tailgating too, that just adds extra gold stars to the achievement. Two of my favorite foods, rings and chicken, and you buffaloed the legs. That is overkilloffthecharts! I love Buffalo sauce as well, and I love a great smoked Bleu Cheese to serve with it. I also saw Bass Ale.

That has all the check marks required for perfect!

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Appreciate that a lot Ron!  Thank you!
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    that looks ridiculously delicious.  i am so hungry now...
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle