Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Friday Night Meatloaf

Dredger
Dredger Posts: 1,468
Felt like a meatloaf night. 350 raised indirect till it hit160. Sides fried okra and mashed potatoes. Didn't get a plated shot because the household was hungry and impatient.

Large BGE
Greenville, SC

Comments

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,357
    Good comfort food right there, I would have destroyed that. Did you get some smoke flavor inthe loaf? 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Dredger
    Thanks, @Dobie. Yep, we're all about comfort food here. Not a lot of smoke in this one. I usually like a bit of mesquite, but hubby wanted straight up lump this time. Go figure. It was really good anyway.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Awesome cook sister. I love making meatloaf on the smoker. Its one of my favorites. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Looks to be delicious!  Great cook!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Dredger
    Thanks, guys. I appreciate that. The egg makes everything better.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @Dredger That looks great. Meatloaf is something I want to make soon. About how long does it take to cook?
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SGH
    Dredger said:
    Thanks, guys. I appreciate that. The egg makes everything better.
    You are more than welcome sister. Question if I may. Do you ever make stuffed meat loaf?

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Dredger
    @SciAggie this one finished at a little over an hour. It was made with 2 lbs. of ground beef. If you are going to use 3 lbs., it'll take about an hour and a half. Love that Maverick for constant temp monitoring.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Dredger said:
    @SciAggie this one finished at a little over an hour. It was made with 2 lbs. of ground beef. If you are going to use 3 lbs., it'll take about an hour and a half. Love that Maverick for constant temp monitoring.
    Thanks!
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Dredger
    Do you ever make stuffed meat loaf?

@SGH, absolutely, but I was running short on time on this one. I often stuff with cheese and refrigerate it for a couple of hours before grilling. I adjust spices depending on whether or not I want an Italian style with oregano, garlic, thyme, and basil then use freshly grated mozzarella to stuff. Nothing better than that with a side of fettuccine Alfredo. If I am going to serve with mashed potatoes, I go with cheddar and different spices. Many good things can be "hidden" in a meatloaf. The more cheese, the better.

Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • Yum!
    LBGE in Northern VA
  • SGH
    Dredger said:
     The more cheese, the better. 

Amen sister^^^^^^^^^^. I concur 100%. Cheese makes everything better and the more the better. Again, great cook. 

Status- Standing by.

• six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    I love Meatloaf. Some many option and ways to go with it. I might try some of this bacon rub I got in the next one I try.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• Dredger
    Oooh got a link for that bacon rub? Sounds great. I used Penzey's Mitchell Street and Fox Point among other things in the mix and dusted with Montreal Seasoning. Meatloaf is really a versatile dish.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC