Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Midwest Eggfest tomorrow anyone?

Options
I officially signed up to cook again this year. Anyone else cooking/attending tomorrow?
"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota

Comments

• bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options
    The one at poolside? If so, yes I'll be there. You?

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    edited September 2015
    Options
    bigguy136 said:
    The one at poolside? If so, yes I'll be there. You?
    @bigguy136 Yes sir. Are you cooking?
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • bigguy136
    Options
    I am. This will be my 4th one there. Where do you set-up? I'm set-up under a white pop-up canopy next to the main building, closest to where the awards are handed out.

Big Lake, Minnesota

• WeberWho
    Options
    3rd time cooking and 5th time attending for us. First time cooking we were next to the band. It was hard to communicate with individuals. So last year we moved and cooked with our backs to the building. (Near the back door of the building)

Minnesota
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    I maybe going to the Jessie James BBQ Contest tonight and tomorrow.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • bigguy136
    Options
    For anyone coming, I'm set up under a white pop-up next to the BGE music box.
    Hope to see you here. Kevin

Big Lake, Minnesota

• bigguy136
    Options
    It was a great day for an eggfest. @WeberWho? set up next to me. I had a great time talking and sharing with both him and his wife/ girlfriend. They had an awesome pastrami stuffed pickle. WOW! Loved it

Big Lake, Minnesota

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    You guys know the rules.  Photos or it didn't happen.
    Flint, Michigan
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Pictures please!
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • bigguy136
    Options
    Sorry but I didn't get any photos. I'm out of town now for 2 weeks but when I get back, I'll get some from my girlfriend

Big Lake, Minnesota

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    bigguy136 said:
    Sorry but I didn't get any photos. I'm out of town now for 2 weeks but when I get back, I'll get some from my girlfriend
    I figured you would get some from your girlfriend, but what about the photos?  
    Flint, Michigan
  • WeberWho
    Options
    bigguy136 said:
    It was a great day for an eggfest. @WeberWho? set up next to me. I had a great time talking and sharing with both him and his wife/ girlfriend. They had an awesome pastrami stuffed pickle. WOW! Loved it
    Great to meet you and your girlfriend @bigguy136 Always nice to put a face with a forum member. Your mushrooms are off the hook! I almost felt bad eating the abt's you two made. Picture perfect abt's. Fun times! 

Minnesota