Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ThermaPen's new "ThermaQ"

Options
http://www.thermoworks.com/products/handheld/therma_q.html?

I bought a Maverick 732 a couple years ago.  I thought it was quite difficult to set, but being 5% of the population that actually reads the Instructions, I eventually got it set up, and it was cool to monitor my Egg and meat temps in the comfort of my A/C and recliner.  
It worked twice, then one of the probes quit working.  I bought a second pair of probes, same channel didn't work, so something inside the unit broke.  I hate cheap crap like that.
I always wished Thermapen would built a wifi-enabled system.  This isn't it.  BUT, it looks simple to set up, and with a 100-dB alarm (my bedroom overlooks the patio where I do my low-und-slows) I won't need it (I don't mind sauntering out to the porch occasionally to check the temp, as I currently do with my Polder; it's overnight that I have no control).  
Neighbors may not appreciate a loud alarm like that, but I listen to their 3 d*$&% rat terriers (read: "bait") constantly so screw 'em.  
I'll probably be purchasing this; wo0t!  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

Comments