Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

windproof lighter I recommend - and what a deal!!!

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,897
I've been using one of these refillable butane Bernz-O-Matic lighters for at least 6 or 7 years and I like it! While it won't light your charcoal, it will light your starter of choice. Amazon sells them for $10.99 BUT if you have a Menard's store nearby they have them on sale this week for $4.99. That was buried in Sunday's sale flyer on page 3 down in the galley.
http://www.amazon.com/Flexible-Lighters-bernzomatic-flexible-lighter/dp/B00VJ3C0N2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1442435402&sr=8-1&keywords=bernzomatic+lighter
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• RRP
    Options
    hmmmm, I just read the reviews on Amazon and it sounds like people either love it or hate it. Mine has always worked like a champ. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Looks interesting. I just ran out of butane on my lighter after a year or two worth of use with my weed burner and Weber tailgating. Will probably pick up another Click n Flame for $1 at the dollar store. It's actually been super reliable for only a buck!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • RRP
    Options
    WeberWho? said:
    Looks interesting. I just ran out of butane on my lighter after a year or two worth of use with my weed burner and Weber tailgating. Will probably pick up another Click n Flick for $1 at the dollar store. It's actually been super reliable for only a buck!
    you know over the years I have peed away more money on those cheapies than I want to admit. Some work fine and some I've thrown in the trash after the first use. That's what lead me to buy this Bernz-O-Matic and I recall I paid $14 for it, so when I saw it for $4.99 I'm picking one up as a back up this week. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    RRP said:
    WeberWho? said:
    Looks interesting. I just ran out of butane on my lighter after a year or two worth of use with my weed burner and Weber tailgating. Will probably pick up another Click n Flick for $1 at the dollar store. It's actually been super reliable for only a buck!
    you know over the years I have peed away more money on those cheapies than I want to admit. Some work fine and some I've thrown in the trash after the first use. That's what lead me to buy this Bernz-O-Matic and I recall I paid $14 for it, so when I saw it for $4.99 I'm picking one up as a back up this week. 
    That's no good. I don't think I've had a bad one yet
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    My dealer gave me a lime green Bic when I bought my Egg. It's going strong 16 months later. When it burns out, I'm going to file a warranty claim. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Now Ron can light his crack pipe in the wind  =)
  • RRP
    Options
    Now Ron can light his crack pipe in the wind  =)
    Right!!! and besides that the un-mentioned feature to that lighter is the bottle opener on the end! I have often wondered just who and why it was added to a lighter! There has to be a story behind that!
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I had one of those. Worked great for years. Finally died after being dropped countless times. Haven't seen one in a store since then to buy one. Totally forgot about it.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings