Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last question...at least for now

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ok thanks for all the help have a few more questions...what should i pay for a large egg? how much is too much? what eggcessories should i get with it? what is the easiest for a rookie to cook their first time?
thank you
jim

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Taco,
    Every dealer, every town is a bit different. $500 is a reasonable price with no eggcessories in my area.[p]Steaks or pork chops are a good thing to start with. Pork tenderloin is another good one. All of those things can be girlled direct, and temperature control is not critical. That will help you get a feel for how humpty works. And will probably result in the best steaks, chops or tenderloin you have ever had.[p]Once you get humpty home, and make your first meal selection, we are here and ready to help.[p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Bama Fire
    Bama Fire Posts: 267
    Taco,
    I would recommend pork tenderloin. Cook for approx. 35 minutes at 350 dome temp.[p]I would go for this over the steaks since 350 is an easy temp to maintain -- and one you will use often. The pork tenders won't mind if the temp hits 400 and then back to 250. (Yes, i've been there.) Also, the mega high temps might not be where you want to go on your first cook. Try not to singe off your eyebrows![p]B~F

• AbqEgg'r
    AbqEgg'r Posts: 91
    Taco,
    We have one dealer here so they are very "proud" of their BGE's, $615 with no accessories. From what I've seen posted $540 or so is more reasonable, but what are you going to do? You can order one from somewhere else but the shipping will be $100-$150 so you won't save anything.[p]You'll also want a thermometer (dome), charcoal stirrer, and daisy or multi-function top. Check your local Walmart or hardware store for lump charcoal. You'll soon want a polder thermometer for doin butts and things.[p]TR