Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT DP Game On Sirloin and a bunch of other stuff

Options
DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
OT because no eggs were used. Got my sample of DP Game On this week, had a 4# sirloin in the freezer I figured I'd try it on.
Thawed it in the fridge the past couple days, then seasoned and bagged.

2" thick, and 11" long as a point of reference.

Got the SV setup

And in the bath for the afternoon.

Watched some football, drank some beer, and then got the Hasty Bake setup and put the sides on.
Did this for the cauliflower:
http://www.purewow.com/entry_detail/recipe/8821/Forget-florets--roast-the-whole-damn-cauliflower.htm

And this for the mushrooms:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/smoky-roasted-mushrooms-recipe.html

The spuds just went on as they were to bake.

When we were ready to eat most everything was ready, except a few stubborn spuds that weren't quite there. Pulled the heat diffuser and cranked the coals up high to the grid, pulled the sirloin from the bag and patted dry. On for a sear.

And it's finished.

Plated with the sides.

And for dessert peach galette I baked in the oven.

I didn't get any plated pictures of the galette served with vanilla ice cream, but it was yummy.

The DP Game On is really good. I still have a bit left, I'm thinking I'll use it on pork chops later this week.

Sorry for the late hour of the post, was watching football with my neighbor and didn't have a chance to post.

Hope everyone had a great weekend, and I'll use the eggs next time, just wanted to get another cook in on the Hasty Bake before the weather turned windy and cold and it became useless as a cooker.

They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Egged or not, it's a meal fit for a king. Not sure what a galette is, but it looks great. As always, it looks like a winner to me brother D :clap: 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    DMW said:
    Sorry for the late hour of the post, 
    No apology necessary brother D. Late hour posts are my favorite. It gives me something to do late at night. On a separate note, how do you like the Anova? Any regrets or complaints? 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DMW
    Options
    @SGH - The Anova works great, no regrets or complaints from me. It really takes the guesswork out of timing a cook. If the guests are late (as they many times tend to be), no big deal, it won't overcook while you wait. When everyone finally arrives, just remove from the bag and sear, torch, etc to finish.

And on the galette, here's a recipe:
    http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/peach-galette-51185810

Really good dessert, my first time making it.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    Dude thats a Killer looking meal right there. I need myself one of those sv setups. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • SGH
    Options
    @DMW
    Do you have the Precision or the original?

Status- Standing by.

• DMW
    Options
    @SGH - I have the Precision
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• SGH
    Options
    DMW said:
    @SGH - I have the Precision
    Thanks buddy. Think I'm going to order one. Ordered "The Briner and Briner JR" two nights ago on your recommendation.  Also ordered the Jaccard on RRP's recommendation. Might as well get the Anova as well. 

Status- Standing by.

• DMW
    Options
    @SGH - You won't regret the briners, I have them both.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• SGH
    Options
    DMW said:
    @SGH - You won't regret the briners, I have them both.
    I ordered the set as well. I can see the little one getting used quite often. The big one on the Holidays.  

Status- Standing by.