Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bacon Cheeseburger Balls (pics)

Options
Something a little different. Overcooked ball and undercooked bacon, but that's what sauce is for.   

Steven
Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
two cotton pot holders to handle PS
Banner, Wyoming

Comments

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    Most eggcellent idea, nicely done! 

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• Longhorn_Brent
    Options
    Looks awesome. What kind of cheese?
    Dallas
    XLBGE
    Hook 'Em
  • bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Looks like how my wife makes pork and beef meatballs with string cheese motz inside

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Looks good @stem_cell!  Interesting rub....salt is the last ingredient. 
    I would try it again and par cook the bacon first and use a higher temp to cook them.  I would do something like that in the 450-500 range personally. What temp did you go at?
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Looks awesome. What kind of cheese?
    Thanks. Cheddar cheese curds. Definitely needed more. 
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options

I would try it again and par cook the bacon first and use a higher temp to cook them.  I would do something like that in the 450-500 range personally. What temp did you go at?
    Thank you..thank you..thank you. I was hoping someone would come along and give me some advice on how to make it better. I always see crispy bacon covered stuff and have a hard time replicating it. 

Cooked at 350°ish. Your suggestions are noted and I will incorporate them on my next bacon covered food endeavor. 
    Steven
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    It looks pretty darn good either way!! With a little microwave head start on the bacon and a higher temp I think you will have a winner. I know I plan to try it!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Im on board
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Absolute will try. :clap:
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options

@stemc33 Those look great. I will try them and add a Jalapeño with the cheese.

And nice touch with the Mickey plate!

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX