Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last brisket question --- LOL

Options
Larrymac
Larrymac Posts: 103
edited September 2015 in EggHead Forum
sort of like when fishing you say one more cast.
so I wrapped my  brisket to get thru the stall, I probably plan to take out of the BGE when it reaches 205.  Then I'll let it rest.
How long to let it rest and do you remove the wrap while its resting ? (see that's 2 questions )

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,381
    Options
    Never have rested thru the stall- one of those "let it ride" cooks. If you plan to slice and eat once out of the wrap then give it around 20-25 minutes to set up  and then dive in.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Larrymac
    Options
    But do I remove the wrap while its resting, or do I let it rest the entire rest time still wrapped.
    ( seems like it would continue cooking if wrapped but I may be wrong)
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,381
    Options
    Once in the wrap you are not adding any heat-so once you want to slice and dice then give it some time to breathe (15 minutes or so) and go for it.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.