Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef on a bun.

Options
My sister has asked me to cook some meat up for her this Monday for a dinner she is having. She asked for beef on a bun rather than pulled pork, I have 3 AA outside rounds roast that I will cook up. Any one have a really good pulled, or more like sliced beef recipes for a sloppy beef in a bun? I did search earlier with no luck.  Hope you all are having a good weekend. 
County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada

Comments

• Butchz
    Options
    I usually use chuck roast.  For about 7 lbs of meat, I smoke indirect for about 5 hours with a drip pan under grate filled with water or beer.  When about 160 degrees, I put a box of beef broth in a new foil pan, add the meat and cover with foil. Put back on EGG for 2 to 3 hours or until tender.  Shred and mix with your favorite BBQ sauce.  I keep warm in crock pot.  We like to serve on buns or French rolls and top with coleslaw. Hope this helps.
    Butch Festus MO
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    Pepper stout beef with sharp cheddar is total awesomeness on a bun. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    You can do Baltimore Pit Beef with roasts. Very, very good.
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    Options
    Don't know what "AA outside rounds roast" is.  Nothing better than chuck roast (aka clod, beef shoulder) for pulled beef.  Really the only cut that works good for that.  Do chuck roast just like pork butt except take it to 210º-215º and it'll shred with forks nicely.
    Packerland, Wisconsin