Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wing Recipes Needed

Options
I am having folks over Sunday and would love to get some of your favorite wing recipes.  I think this is one of the easier cooks on the egg (as best I can tell) but I have never done them and would love to get some ideas.  Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Youreggness
    Options
    First of all, WAR EAGLE! Sometimes I like to keep it simple. McCormack has a GrillMate spice called simply "Barbeque" I think it goes great with grilled chicken pieces. I apply generously to each piece and it comes out great. 350 for 15 minutes on each side without a plate setter. I generally do not use it on a whole chicken or beer can chicken. For what its worth.
  • loveTheEgg
    Options
    Cut flappers off. Separate drum from wing. Put in large pan. Season with pepper. Season with fav rub. Pour some maple syrup in and mix throughly. Pour some fav BBQ sauce in and mix throughly. Don't be shy with the syrup and BBQ sauce. Set egg up for indirect cook. Put a drip pan in and put wings on at 300 for around 2 hours. Mix in bowl more syrup rub and sauce. After one hour baste wings. BBQ Maple wings is what u get. They are awesome!! 
    Brandon, MS
  • TDAuburn
    Options
    Awesome and War Eagle to you too....gonna be there tomorrow!  Thanks for the post...