Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Legs and Corn

Options
Legs marinated in Allegro Hot & Spicy, corn dusted with Dizzy Pig Pineapple rub.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Looks great Doc!  I like the drummy stand. What benefits do you find using it vs straight up on the the grid?  Does it cook them any more even etc?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Looks great Doc!  I like the drummy stand. What benefits do you find using it vs straight up on the the grid?  Does it cook them any more even etc?
    I do believe it cooks them nice and evenly, no need to turn and the skin is crispy.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• loveTheEgg
    Options
    I use one and I find that it cooks much more even over the whole leg. Try one  if u ever get a chance. 
    Brandon, MS
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Is that a BGE or Aftermarket product? Dimensions ....wondering if it would fit LBGE & MM?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    OBTW the plate rocks!  Have a full set or is that an original one & only?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    That really looks good. Great color on your legs.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    OBTW the plate rocks!  Have a full set or is that an original one & only?
    One-off.  The Spouse made that for me.

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    ^^^^^ You're Bride has some skills bro!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Is that a BGE or Aftermarket product? Dimensions ....wondering if it would fit LBGE & MM?
    I bought the original at Ace Hardware.  Got two, and gave one to my brother.  I found Ace did not carry the brand anymore and got a replacement (other brand) from Walmart.  It was crap and would not hold the legs.  Went on Ebay and found a store display with eight of them for sale and bought it, so now I have plenty of back up.