Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Steven Raichlen blog on the history of kamando cooking and new book, Hot Coals by Jeroen Hazebroek

Options
Great article from Steven Raichlen's blog on the history of the kamando cooking and the egg:  http://barbecuebible.com/2015/08/25/where-did-kamado-grills-come-from/
BGE Large and MiniMax, Napolean 500.  Obsessed with rotisserie.  

Comments

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Cool! So my egg is really a rice cooker? Thats one of the few things I haven't cooked on it!  Thanks for sharing. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,094
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I wonder if any of @Griffin 's   photos are in the article?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Now, there's a book I might just buy! I won't let Raichlen's endorsement sway me. He's the biggest phony we have out there!
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    Sundown said:
    Now, there's a book I might just buy! I won't let Raichlen's endorsement sway me. He's the biggest phony we have out there!
    but have you seen Project Smoke?  I kind of like watching it over lunch.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009