Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bacon Wrapped Pork Medallions

Options
Teedoff
Teedoff Posts: 65
First things first. All credit for this cook goes out to @Griffin. I totally copied this recipe from his blog.

I had four tenderloins that I cut into medallions the thickness of a slice bacon, wrapped and secured with a toothpick. Then dusted with Bad Byron's.

They were put on the XL at 400-425 indirect. I turned them every 3-4 minutes including the sides to get the bacon done. Sorry for the poor picture, the sun washed out a lot of detail.

Pulled at about 140-145 at topped with a Dijon garlic compound butter.

Plated up with some stewed potatoes, steamed broccoli and store bought garlic bread.

I should've rotated the plate to get the pork to the center of the frame but I was ready to eat! I ended up putting away 8 medallions myself. I have to say that ever since I made these the first time they have become a family favorite. Once again, props to @Griffin for the inspiration.
Decatur, AL

Comments

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Very nice. :plus_one:

You must have a big family. I count more than twenty medallions and only see one medallion on the plate. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    That pork looks fantastic!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Awesome looking grub :clap: 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Teedoff
    Teedoff Posts: 65
    Options
    @Stemc33 I started with one to give everyone a chance. There were five adults and I ended up eating 8 myself.

@texanofthenorth I have to say that it tastes almost like beef tenderloin cooked this way. I highly recommend trying it. The detailed instructions are on griffin's blog.

@sgh thank you sir.
    Decatur, AL
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Glad you liked it and thanks for reminding me about it. Totally forgot about that one. My wife is not a fan of tenderloin (unless its venison), she thinks its boring. This is one of the few times I was able to "Wow" her with it. Gonna have to make it again.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings