Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CI seared tuna w/ pan sauce & grilled corn on the cob (pics)

Options
Hello All,
This one was a winner! Grabbed a nice hunk of tuna today at Costco (along with a prime packer mentioned in a previous thread) and seared it up for dinner tonight.

Heavily salt and peppered both sides of the tuna and let it rest while the Egg was getting up to temp. Also prepped all the ingredients for a quick pan sauce that I'd make right after searing: onion, mushrooms, butter, brown mustard, Chinese garlic pepper paste, sesame oil (applied directly to mushrooms).(appl.

Basically went nuclear set up with grid at standard height and CI pan right on the grid. Let the whole rig get to 500 then threw on the tuna. 45 seconds per side was all she needed for a nice sear and no sticking. Possibly could have hit it a little harder, but the last seared tuna I did was overcooked and a bit dry. so I was a little gun shy. As soon as the tune was out I dumped in the butter, then onions, mushrooms, then al the other stuff to make the pan sauce. This was essentially wok style cooking at this point; the whole sauce was done in less than a minute. Loosened it up at the very end with a bit of beer and took a pic after I pulled it off the Egg (too hot and too fast to get a pic other wise).

Served the tuna over white rice (from rice cooker) with corn grilled in the husk on the egg on the side. Really nice dinner!!! Even my four year old son ate everything!

Really liked the beer too; Alaskan puts out some fine brews.

Cheers all -
B_B
Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI

Comments