Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best ways to cook fillets

Options
I have grouper and red snapper fillets.any suggestions on the best way to cook them. I am using LBGE  Direct with raised CI
LBGE with Woo3, plate setter, smokware chimney, CS grid, DigiQX2, Maverick ET732, FiAIR blower, Thermapen

Comments

• PASmoke
    PASmoke Posts: 279
    Options
    @cahill523 - I would suggest you just brush them with a butter and olive oil mixture, salt & pepper and grill them direct, lid down at around 350*. It should take about 7/10 minutes and I would suggest that you don't flip them. If you think they're too thin and may fall apart you can always lay tinfoil down on the grate. You'll lose some charing but you won't lose the fish....ha! Let us know what you decide and how it was.
    Atlanta, GA - Large BGE x 2

• cahill523
    Options
    LBGE with Woo3, plate setter, smokware chimney, CS grid, DigiQX2, Maverick ET732, FiAIR blower, Thermapen
  • cahill523
    Options
    Thanks,  here's the result. I put some hickory chunks in to add a little smoke. The family loved them
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Very nice. If the family loves them then whatever you did was perfect!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    That looks great!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"