Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Adult Mac N Cheese

Ladeback69Ladeback69 Posts: 4,119
Last night I cooked this for the current Throwdown going on, but I think it may have got missed by some so I thought I would share it in my own post.  Is was a labor of love.  Took longer to prep everything then to cook it.  First cooked the bacon while I also cooking the shells.  After the bacon was done I use some of the fat to cook red & yellow bell peppers and garlic.  Then added all the cheeses; Italian blend, Colby Jack, Sharp Cheddar, cream cheese and Parmesan cheese.  Last to go in was the smoked chicken, bacon and sun dried tomatoes.   It was very good and I had it for lunch today too.  You still have time to enter.

XL, WSM, Little Kahuna, Coleman RoadTrip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.

Comments

• Holy moly! That's certainly not your daddy's mac 'n cheese!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Mac n cheese looks good.  
    Thanks,

Matthew
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thomasville, North Cackalack - Large BGE - Medium BGE - KJ Jr - 36" Blackstone
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • BentgrassBentgrass Posts: 308
    After raising 2 kids, I swore I would never eat mac and cheese again... Until now !  That looks incredible !
    1. Bettendorf, Ia with lots of time in Chattanooga, Tn.  LBGE, plate setter, ar, Looft lighter, maverick et-735, Rutland gasket, Smokeware SS cap, Kickash basket, and lots of cast iron.
  • jabamjabam Posts: 1,414
    Bookmarked!!!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • nice
  • blastingblasting Posts: 3,637
    @Ladeback69   That looks absolutely killer!  Ingredient perfection.
    Phoenix 
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 9,003
    That looks too good!  I think you have a good chance at winning the throw down! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 1,221
    =) Definitely Heart Healthy
    Visalia, Ca
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,431
    Wow!!!
    Looks outstanding!!!
  • stemc33stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Looks delicious. :plus_one: I must of missed the current throw down. It's been awhile since I've participated in one. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • johnkitchensjohnkitchens Posts: 4,825
    I would love a big plate of that. Bravo! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • stv8rstv8r Posts: 378
    Glad you posted a new thread as I missed the throwdown one.  Looks amazing!
  • johnkitchensjohnkitchens Posts: 4,825
    Bookmarked! It may be for adults, but I know two kids that would love it! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's