Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just some stuffed crap.

SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
Nothing big tonight. Kept it real simple and straight forward. A couple of chickens stuffed with shrimp, bacon and rice and a few mushrooms and jalapeños stuffed with a slight variant of the stuffing. The outside of the chickens were seasoned with salt and cayenne pepper only. (Same as the ones at brisket camp). Cooked the chickens at 375 degrees covered for the first 45 minutes and then uncovered for the last 45 minutes until the stuffing registered 160 degrees. Oak was used for the smoke. Hope yall enjoy and may your hair continue to grow long and shaggy my friends. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Yes sir, I would like some of that.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • mahenryak
    mahenryak Posts: 1,324
    To you, nothing big.  To me this would be a masterpiece!
    LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

• SGH
    DMW said:
    Yes sir, I would like some of that.
    You are welcome here anytime my friend. Grub is on the house. 

mahenryak said:
    To you, nothing big.  To me this would be a masterpiece!
    You are to kind my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• loveTheEgg
    loveTheEgg Posts: 573
    I wish I could cook like that! awesome looking food there my friend!
    Brandon, MS
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    You get your own seal of approval tonight. Looking good. 

• SGH
    I wish I could cook like that! awesome looking food there my friend!
    Brother you can cook exactly like that. I will gladly talk you through step by step how to make the stuffing and chickens. It's actually very simple. And thank you for the kind words. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    You get your own seal of approval tonight. Looking good. 

Brother that caught me by surprise!!! Thank you brother Double. 

Status- Standing by.

• Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    Dayum ... Some fine looking eats!
  • SGH
    Phatchris said:
    Dayum ... Some fine looking eats!
    Thank you brother Phat. The stuffed chickens are actually one of my very favorites. It's the shrimp that puts them over the top. 

Status- Standing by.

• Nice quantity of quality!  What unit was that?
    Flint, Michigan
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    That's killer. Especially with the rice. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • SGH
    Nice quantity of quality!  What unit was that?
    Thank you brother. And that's Unit #1 my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Jeremiah said:
    That's killer. Especially with the rice. 
    Thanks brother Miah. The stuffing is honestly the best part. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
     What unit was that?
    Unit #1.

Status- Standing by.

• Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    Haha! 'Just some stuffed crap' he says!!!

That looks awesome man, you're an inspiration to us all!

B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    edited August 2015
    wow, looks great. So on the shrimp and rice stuffed chicken, do you cook the rice and then stuff the chicken with it and raw shrimp?
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • GRE1
    GRE1 Posts: 68
    Can I come to your house?
    XL times 2
  • SGH
    That looks awesome man, 
    Thank you brother Badger. I always appreciate the kind words.  

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    GRE1 said:
    Can I come to your house?
    Yes sir, you sure can. 

Status- Standing by.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    I would vote for that!!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • SGH
    jls9595 said:
    So on the shrimp and rice stuffed chicken, do you cook the rice and then stuff the chicken with it and raw shrimp?
    I do it 2 different ways that yield near identical results. But for the sake of simplicity, yes cook the rice first but leave the shrimp raw. And thank you for the kind words my friend.  

Status- Standing by.

• Dawnya00
    Dawnya00 Posts: 50
    Just a typical Saturday. No biggie!  B)
  • SGH
    I would vote for that!!
    hapster said:
    Outstanding brother!!!
    Dawnya00 said:
    Just a typical Saturday. No biggie!  B)
    Thank you all for the kind words and compliments.  

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    I would vote for that!!
    Careful my friend, that chicken belongs to the wrong party ;)

Status- Standing by.

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

Crap? Yeah right - makes my best effort look like boiled hot dogs!

Love it when you bust out Unit #1 @SGH - looks great.

Phoenix 
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    meant to ask, did you de-bone the chicken as well?
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • That small unit (as compared to pics of your other units I've seen) has good capacity!  I gotta admit I'm a little disappointed it wasn't the old rusty weber kettle.
    Flint, Michigan
  • SGH
    jls9595 said:
    meant to ask, did you de-bone the chicken as well?
    Yes sir. That way you can just dive in and eat with your hands if you chose. No bones or gristle to fuss with. 

Status- Standing by.

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    What I really enjoy about this forum is that folks are just great cooks. People turn out great grub and don't think it was anything special - and they are willing to share. Nice cook and thanks for making this forum a better place.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon