Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spatchcock Chicken for Lunch

Options
bob.bud
bob.bud Posts: 297
Mentioned in my morning post that I started the day with bacon on the egg and mentioned that chicken was up next. Here are some shots of the chicken:

Planning on some rib eyes to close out this day of egging.

Beverage at the moment is Norm's Raggedy Ass IPA by Griffin Claw.

Bloomfield Hills, MI | LGBE : AR R & B Oval Combo w/Extender and Sliding D Grid : Kick Ash Basket : Smokeware Cap : Smobot Beta

Comments

• bob.bud
    Options
    by the way, used some rub my son concocted for another cook. Despite the dark, overcooked look, took these off at a 160 in the breast and 180 in the thighs, and they were a tasty and juicy bite for lunch.
    Bloomfield Hills, MI | LGBE : AR R & B Oval Combo w/Extender and Sliding D Grid : Kick Ash Basket : Smokeware Cap : Smobot Beta
  • Chauncy
    Chauncy Posts: 47
    Options
    How did you make the skin look like that? Was it crispy or just color from the seasoning? 
  • bob.bud
    Options
    @Chauncy I used a dry rub and did nothing other than let it cook @350 on the top grid of the AR extender. It took roughly 1.5 hrs to get to the right temp. I wish I could tell you what was in the rub, it was left over from a previous batch my son put together. I simply tasted a pinch and said, "this will work." And yes, it had a little crispiness to it.