Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken, *cabbage*, & some mac & cheese. Simple Wednesday dinner.

Options
SciAggie
SciAggie Posts: 6,481

Simple dinner tonight but I tried a few new things. The chicken is my daughter's favorite - breasts pounded flat, S&P, EVOO, and BBQ sauce. Cooked 400 raised direct for about 10 minutes.

The cabbage was an experiment. Sliced 1/2" thick, marinated in basalmic vinaigrette dressing I made. Grilled for about 10 minutes. They probably needed 20. They reminded me of roasted brussel sprouts.

I used sodium citrate for the first time making cheese sauce for the macaroni. Man, I love this stuff. I just needed cheese & cheese & cheese & cheese... What I made was probably better for me. I garnished with a crumbled slice of bacon. For the sauce I guesstimated how much cheese (cheddar) I would need. Milk was 75% of the weight of the cheese. Sodium citrate was 2 1/2% the combined weight of cheese and milk. Next time I think 50% milk might be better - it was a little too thin for me.

Coleman, Texas
Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
"Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                      YukonRon